Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,500 users have contributed to 42,303 threads and 255,089 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Which instrument(s) experience the hanging notes?

• Different string instruments are the ones I have a problem with so far - orchestral basses, violas, violins - though I have those all on one slave so that might indicate a problem with that machine's setup?  Also, it seems to happen in the middle of slightly more complicated performances, like on a legato transition to a note or within a group of short notes.  In other words,if I shut off the sequencer cleanly within a simple whole note or something similar, it does not happen. 

The thing that made me think this was something in VEP is that I never had this happen before on previous versions at all, and I am using the exact same (external) sequencer computer and software.

• In my case happens only with British wood winds in kontakt 5, started after the update, same symptoms, middle of more complex phrases.

• Bb 4 orchestral se strings. Not that  I think it is the library.

Regards,

Martijn

• I'm also getting notes that "hang", and have to mute the channel responsible, at least for a short while- perhaps a few seconds, or sometimes much longer. I'm getting it in the strings (always with Dimensions strings, not solo strings) , and had begin to think it might be due to insufficuent RAM (16GB). So  I I upgraded to 22GB, but still get the hanging. I haven't detected wheher it is associated with any particular action. My impression is that it just happens, irrespective of what I might be doing at the time.

• It is also strings with me, and slightly more complicated lines.  Nothing really complex, just more than whole notes.  It was happening with multiple instruments and I had to go in and click on each hanging note to stop them, since there is no MIDI panic button.

• Hollywood Strings by EastWest here. Happens quite a bit.

• Happens often with EW Hollywood strings for me.

• I am getting terrible stuck notes. I had upgraded to DP 8.06, was working all day beautifully on a file then the stuck notes started. It's almost as if a file gets corrupted and is screwed up from then on.Went back to an older version of the VE file , stuck notes stopped, Rebuilt into newer versiom worked for awhile, then stuck notes back. It also started when I tried to run 32 bit Ve Pro alongside 64.

Whatever it it, it is hard to figure out if it's DP, VE Pro, or what?

this sucks.

I am thinking of storing the whole set up as an internal instrument set in Vienna, making a whole new instance and trying to import the instrument set..who knows...

• Same here. In this case it is a kontakt vst or au (not sure) running in VE pro. Also Cubase starts playback with a significant delay.

• I found the "cuplrit", at least in this case. It is Mach 5, the latets version. If I shut Mach 5 off, I still get some stuck notes, but way way less. I even moved Mach 5 from VE Pro into Dp 8.06 and still it creates stuck notes in Kontakt in VE Pro. Re loaidng mach 5 after trashing it makes things better for awhile and then, after awhile, the problem re appears..crazy man