Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,035 users have contributed to 42,273 threads and 254,974 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 8 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• This is great info, Randy. Thanks very much!

Michael

• This will be fixed with the next VEPro update.

• VE Pro still has this problem.  Is there still a plan to fix it.

• I am now getting the problem again with the new version of VE Pro.

Michael

• Is anybody else receiving this request for permission to allow incoming network connections?

Michael

• It's been a problem for me on every version of VE Pro.

• Are there any updates on fixing this problem?

Thanks

Michael

• If you go to System prefs (OSX)/security and privacy/firewall.... what do you see?  I'll bet your firewall is on.  For some reason recently, I went there and noticed my firewall was turned off, so I turned it back on.  All of a sudden VEPro started giving me this message in a popup window.  When I clicked OK to allow the connection and it then worked.  If you turn your firewall off, I bet this message goes away...

So, my question is - should I be running OSX with firewall off??

- Greg

• Thanks for the suggestion, Greg. I do have my firewall on, but VEPro is alreadly listed there as one of the approved applications. 

Michael

• Just checked - when I turn my firewall on, and VEPro 64-bit (the one I use) is also listed, I get the same message:  'Do you want the app .... blah, blah, blah.....Deny/Allow'.  When I turn my firewall off, it works without that 'Deny/Allow' popup coming up.  So, this does seem to be a VSL issue then.

- Greg

• Thanks for checking that, Greg. 

I guess I will put up with it until I hear something from the Vienna team. I don't want to run without my firewall on.

Michael

• In the lastest update I am still getting this request to allow VEP to accept incoming network connections. Can someone from the VE team please let me know if there is a way to make this stop?

Thanks.

Michael

• I have the same problem with the EyeTV software, they told me to erase everyting and to re-install !!!!!! [:P]

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • I can confirm the same - no difference from before. 

- Greg

• Hi, 

I asked our developers and they promised to look into it, but they can´t make any promises right now.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thank you, Paul.

Michael

• Thanks, Paul.  In the meantime, we're just going to have to click the 'allow' button.   Man, that's a lot of work........... [:'(]

- Greg

• IMO the problem is the *firewall for dummies* configuration in the dialog for the OS X firewall (obviously since a few versions).

usually in a firewall you can select to allow:

- connections to certain applications

- connections from certain IPs

- connections to certain ports

- or any combination of the above three.

(the same for outgoing connections)

i'm sure you can still set all this using terminal, though i could not find any info about this on the net. possibly they have just done too much when fixing this issue http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6011

also apple explicitly mentions that blocking acces to a certain application can prevent regular access to another application http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14191

what a bummer ...

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Hi Paul,

I had hoped that the new version would fix this problem, but I am still having it.

Michael

• Hi Michael, 

Did you try CM´s suggestions yet?

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL