Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,378 users have contributed to 42,295 threads and 255,061 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 54 new user(s).

•  Just clarification, if the red bar inside VI PRO at the voice meter appears, the  hardrive streaming capacity is overextended.

So this is not related to VE PRO per se.

Keep in mind that even with SSD drives the possible voice amount is not that high when multiple audiostreams are forced exatcly at the same time. (burst voices)

This might happen pretty often if you use dimension strings triggering all players simultanioulsy, further performing quantised chords with vel Xfade active, also fast movements of all players in unisono could be very demanding for hardrives.

Best option is to set the preload buffersize of VI PRO to a higher value (don't mess this up with the buffer size of the audio hardare),

and also distributing the sample content to different hardrives migt help.

best

Herb

• Is it ok for all Dimension String Sec. to be in 1 dimension folder, or should they be split differently?

•  If you have just one harddrive ofcourse it's OK to place them in one folder. If you want to distribute on multiple drives you have to split the content to different folders. For example Violins on one drive, violas and cellos on a second one.

best

Herb

• I’ve found why I had 600 voices just for the Dim Strings + Solo.

At first I used mostly leg. and sus. patches and all of them were slot Xfade with non vib, even though I didn’t use it, they as I understood, sounded virtually. I’ve delete them and voicing dropped down to 300.

Than I turned vel Xfade off and they went down to 70.  I will finish this piece with vel Xfade on, it works fine for me, but glad that found the problem.

May be I didn’t read manuals carefully, but is it mentioning somewhere that slot Xfade and Vel Xfade multiplying  voices in so many times?

• Being able to fade between the different layers in realtime naturally means that all layers have to be playing. With x-fade disabled, the velocity layer can be chosen beforehand, depending on the played velocity.

• Ok, this topic has quite changed...Anyway, back to the original topic: The problems on my window system are solved. I did some updates for Win 7 and gave the newest version of MIR another try - succesful. VE PRO 13045 + MIR 13043 is running smooth as all versions before. So problem solved!

kind regards

Frank

• Good to hear, Frank!

Thanks & all the best,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • I've noticed that if I leave a project open, vienna will be running 4-6%, then I come back the next morning and  it's running at 40-60%, and then it's unplayable with major atifacts.  I have to then close and re-open vienna ensemble.  Not sure what's going on.  :/

• Do you leave your system in hibernate modus over night? Does your system automatically looking for updates? ...there can be lot of reasons, but it sounds you have to look in this direction...

Frank

• hibernation and updates are disabled.  Been using Vienna for many years now, never seen this before.