Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,119 users have contributed to 42,275 threads and 254,983 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• Hello! Now I test MIRx in demo mode. Small Bug in MIRx: If I loud Konzerthaus Organ, not for all patches organ MIRx presets loads - some patches loads only generic presets of MIRx.. Question: If I use 2 computers for VePro, is it need to buy MIRx second time for second computer? Or MIRx sales as Vepro - 3 licenses at once? MIRx feature request: possibility to link wet/dry settings on all instances MIRx, for global wet/dry setting. Best regards, Vadim

• Dietz - I absolutely love the way MIR Pro works already.  Will these changes go easy on those who love the "old-fashioned" MIR Pro?  Thanks!

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Vadim,

@Another User said:

MIRx feature request: possibility to link wet/dry settings on all instances MIRx, for global wet/dry setting. Best regards, Vadim

This is on our list already, thanks for your suggestion!

Enjoy MIRx,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@Casiquire said:

Dietz - I absolutely love the way MIR Pro works already.  Will these changes go easy on those who love the "old-fashioned" MIR Pro?  Thanks!

Yes, that's what our development efforts are about right now: Interweaving the "automatisms" introduced by MIRx with the free accessability of MIR Pro's features - without sacrificing much of either application's benefits and workflow. 😊

Kind regards,

• last edited
    last edited

A side-note:

@V_ad_im said:

[...] Konzerthaus Organ[...]

It might be the most meaningful thing not to use MIRx for Vienna Konzerthaus Organ at all, especially when you want to hear it in Vienna Konzerthaus - Grosser Saal. After all, that's the hall where this instrument was recorded anyway! 😊 Just make sure to use the Release-samples provided by Konzerthaus Organ's presets by default, and you will hear the original reverb tails.

OTOH, make sure to switch off VI Pro's Release samples when you plan to use it in any other MIR Venue - otherwise you will send the recored natural reverb tails into yet another reverb.

HTH,

• Hi Dietz, 

Are there any plans to integrate this technology with Sibelius. I have been posting my compositions on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/Bachbeatty as a video of the playing Sibelius score voiced with VSL  samples and DSP.

Stephen W. BEatty 

• And question about instruments placement: as I see, there is european-style instruments placement in MIRx (first violins at left, second violins at right, etc) Is american-style (as it shown at page 10 of Special Edition manual) will be implemented at MIRx?

• last edited
    last edited

@V_ad_im said:

And question about instruments placement: as I see, there is european-style instruments placement in MIRx (first violins at left, second violins at right, etc) Is american-style (as it shown at page 10 of Special Edition manual) will be implemented at MIRx?

Hi  V_ad_im,

thanks for your interest in MIRx.

Right now, we have no plans for an alternative setup. MIR Pro / 24 gives you all options to create any seating you like, though. 😊

Kind regards,

• last edited
    last edited

http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/t/35821.aspx

Hi Dietz,

Are there any plans to integrate this technology with Sibelius. I have been posting my compositions on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/Bachbeatty as a video of the playing Sibelius score voiced with VSL  samples and DSP.

Stephen W. BEatty

Hi Stephen,

fellow forum-member Bill already answered your question in this thread: -> http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/t/35821.aspx

In a nutshell, MIRx is integrated with Sibelius as soon as you're running Vienna Instruments Pro with the application, because MIRx is an integral part of our player.

HTH,

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

Like MIR Pro, MIRx needs a seperate license for every system.

Is there discount for second license of MIRx, as it exist for RoomPacks?

• last edited
    last edited

HI Vadim, 

@V_ad_im said:

Is there discount for second license of MIRx, as it exist for RoomPacks?

No, MIRx stays at the same price for multiple licenses. 

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  •  How can I get the discount for a side license of Roompack 1?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Sami,

When logged in, you should be able to see the reduced price for the side license right on the product page of RoomPack 1.

Please contact me at with a screenshot if that doesn't work.

Best,

Stefan

• Hi Stefan,

just wrote you that email.

Did you get my email?

• So I'm not sure has Stefan got my email, but my situation is this. When I'm logged in and go to the product page of Roompack1 it says Full price € 195 for download and € 215 for usb stick and that's it. So is this the original full price or the 70 % off price for a side license?

• Hi Sami,

I have replied to you via email a few hours ago. 

Our IT Team is taking a look at this issue, in the meantime I can offer you to place your order in our back office with the correct price.

Sorry about the delay, but it's been pretty busy over here lately with the ending student offer. :)

Best,

Stefan

•  I already replied to your email. Thank you for your help.

• last edited
    last edited

@V_ad_im said:

[...] Small Bug in MIRx: If I loud Konzerthaus Organ, not for all patches organ MIRx presets loads - some patches loads only generic presets of MIRx. [...]

To Vadim and all fellow MIRx-users who ran into this issue: I just received the confirmation from VSL software engineers that the error is fixed now, and that MIRx (and MIR Pro!) build 12807 or later will auto-guess correctly all Vienna Konzerthaus Organ patches.

A new build will available in your User Areas soon.

Thanks again for reporting!

Kind regards,

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

Yes, that's what our development efforts are about right now: Interweaving the "automatisms" introduced by MIRx with the free accessability of MIR Pro's features - without sacrificing much of either application's benefits and workflow. 😊

Kind regards,

Greetings Dietz!

Would you kindly comment on progress of this update?

And another question I find important for myself - will there be any Sage Gateshead feature as well, or this just includes the halls involved in Mirx?

Thanks!

• This looks fantastic! 

I am interested to learn how this is integrated with dimension strings. I don't have dimension strings, but am considering the purchase.

How are the instruments layer out in the room with MIRx?