Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,863 users have contributed to 42,327 threads and 255,187 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• Ok, the instruments listed in the Sibelius score are flute, oboe, bass clarinet in Bb, viola and contrabass. The playback configuration is as follows: Active device is the Vienna Ensemble VST with the sound set of VE Special Edition plus. Sound sets are wind.flutes.flute, wind oboes.oboe, wind.clarinets.bass, strings.viola and strings.contrabass. I am running a Mac Pro with 10.8.0 and Sibelius 6.

• Also the matrices from VI not VI pro! Have the flute 1 matrix, french oboe matrix, bass clarinet, solo viola and solo bass.

• Also, the technique text commands don't work at all

• Which instruments do you use in your score? I am talking about the instruments you have chosen from the Sibelius instruments menu.

Did you load the Special Edition or the Special Edition PLUS (with "+" at then end of the name) matrices?

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • The instruments from sibelius that i chose were: Flute, Oboe, Bass Clarinet in Bb, Viola and Contrabass. And yes I am using the matrices with the '+' sign after them.

• Was I supposed to use the 'Solo Viola' and 'Solo Contrabass' instruments from the Sibelius instrument page?

• Yes, the Solo Strings programs on the Manual Sound Sets page only work correctly with the Solo Strings Sibelius instruments.

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • So is that the problem? How do I switch instruments without losing my whole score?

• Thanks so much Andi, you're the best!!

• You're welcome. [:)]
    You can simply add the new instruments and then cut and paste the content from the old staves to the new ones.

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on