Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,089 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 40 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Download instruments not downloading

I just bought Tenor Trombone and Clarinet Download instruments, downloaded the most recent eLicenser Control Center, managed to enter the Activation Keys and get the sounds registered. I also downloaded the Download Manager File for the instrument but it wouldn't open when I double-clicked the "vsldownload file. My Vienna Key is fine and all required steps are done. FYI: I'm using Mac OS X 10.4 which is listed as acceptable on the web site for these instruments. I downloaded from the Archive section, as the latest starts at OS X 10.5 & newer, and everything in my system is set to 10.4 How do I solve this? I'm not able to get back to the "Enter the Activation Key" part of the process (they were entered and successfully registered, but sounds did not get installed) Please advise how I can get these sounds into my computer so I can start using them. Regardless of what I do, the sounds are not downloading. Any help is much appreciated.

• Hi saveltaja, 

I just sent you a link to an alternative downlad.... I believe that the Download Manager simply doesn´t support OS X 10.4

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul,

I'm also having the same problem - I'm using OSX 10.5.8 but the download manager doesn't open for me either. Today I activated my demo period for the special editions but have yet to download an instrument.

Why not have earlier versions of the download manager available? Or, if there are problems with it why not just supply customers with direct links to download the samples?

I would like to download the SE Vol. 1 Woodwinds and the SE Vol. 1 Woodwinds Plus can you help me with a download link so I can test them today?

Thank you,

David.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi dc_hewitt,

The Download Manager was never available for OS X 10.5, and this OS is now more than 4 years old, so there are very few cases where separate downloads are necessary, and we handle those via .

Not everybody is working on a sunday, and we will upload the files for you by tomorrow, then I will inform you via the case you opened.

Meanwhile, feel free to book a free session at www.try-sound.com, so you can check out the Special Editions online.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Ok Thanks Paul,

What I really need to find out is if the SE Woodwind samples are all going to work OK on my version of Vienna Instruments (4.1.10738) and downloading and trying them in my latest project is the only way I will know. I appreciate you getting back on a Sunday and I'm glad you were able to address this problem. I look forward to recieving an SE WW1 and SE WW 1 Plus download link on Monday then.

Thanks,

David. [:)]