Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,249 users have contributed to 42,287 threads and 255,026 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• I tried to add some effects with Vienna Suite, using FX tracks, these sometimes didn't work as well, compared to what I get within VE.

• last edited
    last edited

@brunojul said:

I tried to add some effects with Vienna Suite, using FX tracks, these sometimes didn't work as well, compared to what I get within VE.

What do you mean by "sometimes didn't work as well" ?

• I put an Equalizer on an instrument, a guitar and it had an effect. I tried the same thing on the bass, there was no difference of sound. With VE, I can easily add these effects to every instruments( dry or wet). Maybe, it is a problem with Cubase.

• Did anyone tried the MIR AU ?

What is the best result ? MIR in VE or MIR AU in LOGIC ?

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • I just completed my first project in MIR and I've found that the UI hang in Logic is unbearable.  I have a rMBP 15" 2.6 w/16GB RAM as well as a late 2011 iMac 27" 3.4GHz w/16GB RAM.

The Retina MacBook Pro which has 512 SSD, is noticeably faster to load but when one attempts to install two or three plugin's be it MIR or other Vienna Suite Plugins with MIR the UI hang can get up to 30 seconds or more with fans spinning at full blast.

When the same feat is attempted in VEP5 both machines handle the load effortlessly.  I have updated the OS on both machines as well as installed the latest version of code for all VSL products.

For now, I'm going to have to stay away from MIR as a native Logic Plugin until this issue gets resolved.  VEP5 provides a MUCH more comfortable and flexible environment to work in with the exception of the convoluted way Audio Sends have to be routed.  I hate bouncing tracks and seeing 1 core being maxed out into the red while 7 others sit idle!! :)

ccsr

• last edited
    last edited

@sac.music_lover99 said:

I just completed my first project in MIR and I've found that the UI hang in Logic is unbearable.  I have a rMBP 15" 2.6 w/16GB RAM as well as a late 2011 iMac 27" 3.4GHz w/16GB RAM.

For now, I'm going to have to stay away from MIR as a native Logic Plugin until this issue gets resolved.  

Hello

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Is it possible to mix the uses and have some MIR AU and one VEP MIR ?

Best

Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Well you can mix the uses separately if you like but the UI hang issue still occurs.  

If what you want, however, is to connect both to the same preserved instance of VEP5 (i.e. you have your instruments in MIR via VEP5 and MIR plugin inserts on your vocal channel(s) and you want them to interact together in the same space) that is not possible as the plugin does not give you the option to connect to a preserved instance.  It appears that this is solely a function of VEP5.

Wish I had better news...

craig

• The Logic UI freeze issues appears to be universal, since it also happens to Logic's own plugins as well as other 3rd party plugins. This thread on logicprohelp should give more information:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=78028&sid=eb3db5e7c76de62eea30aa910b84139c&start=640

Thus, there appears to be nothing we can do to alleviate the situtation from our side.

Thanks,

• Hi Craig 

Do you have Logic 9.1.8 ?

Best

Cyril

• Hi Cyril,

Yep, that's the version I'm on.  That's the latest one, correct?

Regards,

Craig