Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,441 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,077 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 56 new user(s).

• Like I wrote above: VE Pro 11716, furthermore VI Pro 11630, VS 1819, MIR 11685 and the latest eLicenser update.

• In which folder did you install your RoomPacks and what is the RoomPack Data Folder set to in both the VE Pro and MIR Pro preferences?

• Thank you Karel for your quick answer.

In April I installed the RoomPacks and the RoomPack Data Folder was set to: /Volume/HD2/MIR

It works fine.

Yesterday I installed VE PRO 11716 on my Mac Pro and it doesn´t work. But on MacBook Pro it works.

Now I have set the RoomPack Data Folder on my Mac Pro to: /Library/Application Support/VSL/Vienna MIR

It´s the same path as on my MacBook Pro and now everything works fine again. Strange is that I had to change the path now.

I want to thank you very much for the help

Klaus

• In rare cases this can happen due to the transition of separating MIR Pro from VE Pro. The good news is that it will only happen once. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• Hi Karel,

I'm getting the same problem. No matter how many times I try to point the preferences to the folder where the Room Packs reside, I get the same error as stated above. All of my software is up to date.

• In which application are you setting the preference?

• I tried setting the preferences from the new plugin window that launches in the background after creating an instance (the Vienna MIR Pro application). I did not have VE Pro running; I added an instance inside of DP 7.24.

Just to be sure, I also loaded an instance in VE Pro, and I got the same result: the instance could not see the Venue folder, even though I checked the prefs inside of VE Pro and it was pointing to the same location as the plugin window.

• Really strange. Perhaps try to kill the preferences of both MIR Pro and VE Pro by deleting any file in /Library/Preferences and ~/Library/Preferences that has a mention of either application in the name.

• Trashed 22 preference files with VSL in them and still no luck getting the venues to appear.

Paul Steinbauer will be at my studio on Friday in Burbank to go thru MIR Pro with me; perhaps he can figure it out?

• There seems to be some confusion regarding the RoomPacks and Venue Presets. The RoomPack Data Folder preference is the folder where RoomPacks reside, which can be downloaded from the MIR RoomPacks section in your user area. The Venue Presets on the other hand are a set of VE Pro projects (viframes) that serve as starting points.

• Hi HTH,

I am also trying to use the demo version of MIR Pro 24, in Digital Performer. I have tried to download the Trial Pack, but after it downloads it will not install. I get a message saying there are no installs. How can I get the impluses to install for the MIR demo? 

• last edited
    last edited

From the MIR RoomPacks section of your user area:

To download the impulse response data of your RoomPack, please install the latest version of the Vienna Download Manager which you can find below.

• In case you haven’t done so already: Download and install the most recent eLicenser Control Center. Enter the Activation Code you received via email into eLicenser Control Center to download license(s) to your ViennaKey or other eLicenser USB key.
    • Download the Download Manager File for your RoomPack (available below) and open it by double-clicking the *.vsldownload file.
    • This will start the Vienna Download Manager and the download will start automatically. Once the download is finished, click the “Install” button in the Vienna Download Manager (the eLicenser key with your license has to be connected to your computer). You will be guided through the installation.