Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,093 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 38 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• Room Tone with MIR Pro 24

Hi,

I've been exploring many of the options with MIR Pro 24 and I can't figure out how to turn on the room tone. Is there something I need to do in order for this to become enabled or active ?

Regards,

Tom

• Hi Tom,

I'm using MIR Pro here, but I guess this is similar in both versions. You need to go to Channel - Add MIR Pro Room Tone (shorcut Ctrl + Shift + M) to activate the room tone.

• Thanks Servando,

got it now!

Tom

• Just to note that MIR Pro 24 is completely identical to MIR Pro except for the limitation of 24 MIR Pro plugins.

• It's also worth mentioning that there is an option in MIR Pro's Preferences to automatically add the RoomTone channel to a new project.

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Thanks Dietz,

I had found that in thr manual but couldn't figure out how to turn on the feature when the track was already created. I didn't realise it was delivered as a separate channel. I actually got to page 55 in the MIR Pro manual where there is a Dietz Tinhof listed as being responsible for the idea and concept behind MIR Pro. If this is yourself, my congratulations on the realisation of a fantastic piece of software.

Regards,

Tom

• *blush*

Thanks for the friendly words, Tom. Yes, that's me. 8-) ... I gladly admit that I'm quite proud of it - but the idea from almost a decade ago would have remained just a pipe dream without the work and input of all the people mentioned in MIR's credits.

Kind regards,

• PS: I've just seen that there is indeed no instruction given in the Preliminary MIR Pro Manual how to create a RoomTone channel form the scratch. Thanks for the hint - this has to be added, of course.

• Hi Dietz,

I was taken aback when I read how much resource had went into the MIR Pro product and I didn't mean to minimise any of the other efforts also. It's just nice to be able to thank the guy that had the idea in the first place! Incredible stuff altogether.

Thanks again,

Tom

• [D] ;-)