Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,989 users have contributed to 42,272 threads and 254,967 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 8 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• Hi Oceanview!

Of course it's also possible to assign a controller with the learn function by right-clicking on the fader and moving a controller.

You could also replace the patches of the VI presets for the old solo strings sound set with violin 2 patches.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  •  Hello,

are theses new patches available for SE and SE+?

Thank you!

• Hello Vincent!

Sorry to say, that the second violin patches are not available for the Special Edition.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • I found out an alternative way to achieve a VI 2 instrument in VEpro 2 retuning the instrument to avoid phasing with the interaction with VI 1.

I am using the Special Edition library for this.

The system works out for me and I am curious to know if Vienna will agree and approve it:

this is how it works:

in VIpro 2 load the SP ED Orchestral Strings/Strings violins matrix.

This is going to be your 2nd Violins after you do the following FOR EVERY SLOT of your matrix violin:

1. in advance view, select the VI-14 staccato slot, select Edit, under Semitone select 2.

2. In Basic view you have to activate if not already visible a Pitch Bend fader.

For that you select an empty channel of the Controller mixer and in the lower square assign "pitch bend" after in the upper square assign "wheel". The fader value must be 0.

remember that this must be done for every single slot in you matrix. Once is done you can save the matrix as your SP ED VI2 personal matrix

Thats it!

Now when you play VI1+VI2 in unison you should not hear any phasing because VI2 has been retuned to play on the next near sample.

PD.:I use this configuration with SIbelius 7 and I don't have to do anything in SIbelius at all to make it work. All The programing is done in VIpro2. Once is done is saved with the VEpro project and you don't have to program it never again.

I hope this was helpful

good luck

• Hi Tomas!

I can approve, that this is a way to avoid using the same sample for first and second violin when they play in unison.

For anyone else interested: This can also be done with the free Vienna Instruments player.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Are you sure Andi that we can do this with the free player?

I don't see the semitone option...

• Ha ok,  i need Vienna Ensemble Pro,  which i don't have.  ;)

• Hi Vincent!

You don't need Vienna Ensemble Pro. In the free Vienna Instruments player the semitone function is called "Transp." and can be found in the Control Edit/Edit Cell menu.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  •  Thanks for your answers andi,  it's very appreciated.

I see the transpose function,  but what i do next?

''For that you select an empty channel of the Controller mixer and in the lower square assign "pitch bend" after in the upper square assign "wheel". The fader value must be 0.''

Can i do this with the free VE?  How do i have to use my sequencer? 

Thank you again,

Vincent

•  Hmmm,  i tought that the technique would permit to play in unison,  on the same note...  I probably need in my sequencer

to play the notes 2 semitones under my desired value,  right?

• Hi Vincent!

Here is in detail what you can do with the free Vienna Instruments player to get alternative samples:
    - Go to the Perform/Map control page and assign the Pitch Wheel to Pitch.
    - Go to the Control Edit/Edit Cell menu of all cells included in your matrix and set "Transp." to 2.
    - In your sequencer set the Pitch Wheel value for the track assigned to this instrument to 0.

Now you can enter the notes as you are used to. No further transposition is necessary.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  •  Thank you very much Andy.  ;)

• last edited
    last edited

@andi said:

Hello Vincent!

Sorry to say, that the second violin patches are not available for the Special Edition.

Best regards,
    Andi

Its big sad and makes me think what i need orchestral uses when i know my budjet limits... i like all size section sounds but truth is i cannot buy them all to add vsl se (mayhe extended). but i almost surely know i dont never need chamber strings this way. and makes also think me its vsl se way too pricey solution for me maybe depdens lot of things... saddly there is not middle orchestral stuff anywhere cheaps have too many limitations (EWQL=is only massive tunes,x sample chamber ensemble says what its for,and few sounds too toy etc) and not cheap stuff are very pricey. One solution for price problems is sell my music but is hard.:)

• Is this 2nd Violins patches avaialble for Appassionata strings 1/2? or its only for Orchestral strings 1/2 ? i really want know becouse if only for either one another one is wrong for me. I like them both but i cannot get both in same time if never...

• 2nd violins were created for all of our String collections (Solo S. I+II, Chamber S. I+II, Orchestral S. I and Appassionata S. I+II).

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@andi said:

2nd violins were created for all of our String collections (Solo S. I+II, Chamber S. I+II, Orchestral S. I and Appassionata S. I+II).

Best,
    Andi

Good know but why not Orchestral S. II ?

• last edited
    last edited

@andi said:

2nd violins were created for all of our String collections (Solo S. I+II, Chamber S. I+II, Orchestral S. I and Appassionata S. I+II).

Best,
    Andi

There are no violins in Orchestral Strings II. The violins (regular and muted) are all in Orchestral Strings I.

• last edited
    last edited

@andi said:

Best,
    Andi

There are no violins in Orchestral Strings II. The violins (regular and muted) are all in Orchestral Strings I.

Oops my mistake. But now i have weird idea 2nd Violas,and 2nd cellos etc 😊 i bet can be sound sound lush...