Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,091 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Konzerthaus Organ

Hi:

Would it be possible to get a list the exact stops that were used in the sampling sessions for the various registration combinations? "Large Principalplenum", "Modular Plenum A, B,.." etc?

Thanks.

Michael

• Hi Michael,

what's wrong with the detailed lists in the Konzerthaus Organ Manual? Please let me know what kind of information you're missing.

-> http://www.vsl.co.at/en/68/498/1520/1613.htm

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hi Dietz,

thanks for the reply. Terms like "Modular Plenum" do not seem to be standard organ terms (at least as far as I have been able to discover), and so I assume that they are some kind of coupling or registration mixtures of individual stops. If this is the case, it would be helpful to know what these stops were. If, for example, one liked the sound and wanted to tell an organist the coupling or registration to use to approximate it (when writing a new piece, for example), "Modular Plenum" does not convey that information.

Apologies if I have misunderstood something basic.

Best,

Michael

•  "Modular" patches are described on page 10 & 11 in the Manual.

best

Herb

• Hi Herb,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry if I am missing something obvious. I'm not sure which manual you mean. There was a generic Vienna Instruments manual in the Konzerthaus Organ box, as well as a small pamphlet describing the Rieger Organ. I cannot find this information in either of these.

On pages 10 and 11 of the VI Pro manual there is information on startup presets and on copy and paste.

Best,

Michael

• Michael, I linked to the Konzerthaus Organ Manual in my first reply ;-) ... please click here -> http://www.vsl.co.at/en/68/498/1520/1613.htm

... and then click the download-button in the last line of the page.

Alternatively, you can use this direct link, too -> http://dl.vsl.co.at/downloader.aspx?ID=2037 ... but then you will never know where to look for this kind of information when you need it again.

Kind regards,

• Hallo Dietz,

es tur mir wirklich Leid, dass ich das Link in Ihrer E-Mail nicht bemerkt habe. Ich werde die Bedienungsanleitung durchlesen und werde mich melden, falls ich zusätzliche Fragen habe.

Beste Grüße

Michael Matthews

• Danke, Michael.

You're very welcome. I know that there is a lot  of information available on our website, and it's not always completely obvious where to look for certain things. Please don't hesitate to ask about anything that remained unclear to you.

There's that old proverb in Vienna: "Ich sehe den Wald vor lauter Baeumen nicht" - which could be roughly translated as "I can't see the forest due to all those trees!" ;-D

Kind regards,

• Wir haben das gleiche Sprichwort auf Englisch!

Michael