Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,260 users have contributed to 42,390 threads and 255,473 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• Sean, as my funds are rather limited, I ended up going with MIR SE first (for what I am doing it offers enough, and requires less computer power to run), based on advice from Dietz and others in the forum.  I have no regrets going with MIR SE first, and have found it to be a wonderful tool, especially as mixing is not a personal strength.  The design of the soundstage is extremely helpful.  MIR Pro will doubtlessly be even better.  The Suite is on the future purchase list, but that is quite a ways off yet.  Nevertheless, what was the best choice for my situation, may not necessarily be the best for you.

• Hello,

Will MIR Pro greatly improve the overall quality of VSL sample libraries, especially VSL's Strings ?  What about the Vienna Suite's functionality or interaction, from a production perspective, when used alongside MIR Pro, does it add more quality, and sound sculpting capabilities to VSL Instruments, when used with MIR Pro ?

Looking forward to use MIR Pro !

Thanks,

Muziksculp

• Ah ... I wonder if MIR Pro will be available in time for my birthday on October 2nd?

I also wonder if my wife will be able to affort to buy it for me as a present - or whether I'll have to wait until Christmas!

Ah .... questions, questions ...

[^]

• As MIR Pro requires VEP 5, and that hasn't been released yet, I doubt that MIR Pro will be available until November, at the very earliest. However, I would suggest that you buy VEP 5, when it is released, so that you can familiarise yourself with part of the software, before MIR arrives.

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

As MIR Pro requires VEP 5, and that hasn't been released yet, I doubt that MIR Pro will be available until November, at the very earliest. However, I would suggest that you buy VEP 5, when it is released, so that you can familiarise yourself with part of the software, before MIR arrives.

Very good advice. That's exactly what I would suggest to do.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

As MIR Pro requires VEP 5

Oh dear - does that mean we need to buy TWO expensive pieces of software Dietz?  I am not sure I need the networking capabilities of VEP really.  I do hope this new software isn't out of my reach financially.....

• If you think VEP is expensive, I would respectfully suggest that you forget about MIR Pro altogether. Currently MIR is around Β£690 and VEP is Β£170. I know nothing about pricing, but i wouldn't expect MIR Pro to be less expensive than MIR.

It doesn't matter whether or not you need the networking capabilities of VEP. MIR Pro is hosted in VEP, so you will need both in order to use MIR Pro. However, I think that it would be useful for prospective customers to know whether the price of MIR Pro includes VEP, or not. I'm sure that you would agree with me on that one. [;)]

DG

• I already have MIR SE and love it.  I would love to have the facilities MIR Pro offers, and know how much the present MIR costs, but VEPro on top of that is a bit of a stretch.  I used VE standard a while ago and didn't really like it - lets just hope that VSL come up with an attractive pricing strategy for both the products.....

• MIR Pro relies on VE Pro as the underlying host. Without VE Pro the new MIR Pro engine won't work.

As a rule of thumb, MIR Pro will cost as much as "legacy" Vienna MIR and VE Pro 5 together. There will be attractive up- and cross-grade offerings for all owners of VE Pro, MIR and MIR SE licenses.

Wether a "MIR Pro SE" will be released or not is not decided yet.

Kind regards,

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

As a rule of thumb, MIR Pro will cost as much as "legacy" Vienna MIR and VE Pro 5 together. There will be attractive up- and cross-grade offerings for all owners of VE Pro, MIR and MIR SE licenses.

Thanks for clearing that up Dietz. I'm sure that will help a lot of prospective users to budget.

DG

• Is that just me, or did I hear someone just announce the price of MIR Pro as being 995€ ? [H]

• last edited
    last edited

@jammusique said:

Is that just me, or did I hear someone just announce the price of MIR Pro as being 995€ ?

... you mean by just adding the prices Vienna MIR and  VE Pro? πŸ˜‰ I don't know if it will be as easy as that, but you're in the ballpark, I'd say.

• BTW - I'm testing a pretty advanced beta-version of MIR Pro right now, and I just wrote a fanboy-like e-mail to our developers because the thing is SO F*****G AMAZING that I can hardly believe my ears. 8-)

• I'm so glad to hear this. Although most people including myself are feeling so jealous right now for not laying our hands on it:)

• last edited
    last edited

@jammusique said:

Is that just me, or did I hear someone just announce the price of MIR Pro as being 995€ ?

You mean 99.5€ [:)] 

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" - 1 x 27" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D Dolby Atmos --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • last edited
    last edited

@hose said:

I'm so glad to hear this. Although most people including myself are feeling so jealous right now for not laying our hands on it😊

Soon. Very soon.

• With the latest beta version, is the needed computer power still in line with what is currently needed for MIR?  Or, can one get by with a bit less, or does one need more?

Here's hoping that the upgrade/crossgrade prices are "very" attractive.

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

BTW - I'm testing a pretty advanced beta-version of MIR Pro right now, and I just wrote a fanboy-like e-mail to our developers because the thing is SO F*****G AMAZING that I can hardly believe my ears. 8-)

AAHHH!!  The anticipation is killing me lol!  Presonus is coming out with a complete new version 2 for us and you're coming out with this for us!  I am so fricken stoked about this because both promise to make my workflow so much better (not saying you promised it will, it's just the features speak for themselves).  I simply cannot wait until the VEP portion of MIR pro replaces my somewhat clunky current setup (MoL blah blah blah).  VEP has always been a favorite part of my system however owning MIR full it basically went on the shelf so to speak (keeping in mind it will let me get rid of my PoS second sound card!).  So mixing it with MIR, being able to do true automation and combining the sound quality of MIR into one application now is going to change my entire operation (not to mention adding Vienna Suite into this).  I simply cannot wait any longer.  I will for the first time be able to have templates, that are not only more simple to use but also much closer to a finished mix and mastered sound while playinf parts in live.  This will raise my inspiration levels exponentially.  It should reduce how much mastering and mixing has to happen to my tracks as well.  I am going insane waiting on this lol.  Hopefully my expectations are not to high haha.

I just thought of the geekiest thing ever lol.  Remember the days of getting together with friends when networking games first came out?  You would have a LAN party (everyone brings a computer, we all hook up to the same network and beat the crap out of eachother lol)?  How cool (and geeky) would it be to have a big LAN MIR party where we had one massive machine running our MIR instances and we all connected to it over the network and shared ideas and did music all weekend!  Sign me up, VSL Make it happen!!  LOL.

Dietz, can I ask one question please?  Might it ever be possible to use our 3rd party samples such as LASS when layering with VSL, but be able to take out the panning portion of MIR's auto positioning, while maintaining the room sound?  It seems that the position of the instrument on stage affects the room sound applied to the instrument but is what I am asking possible maybe?  I am asking of course because so many companies come "Pre-Panned".  I want to blend them into the same room as my VSL sounds without panning them anymore then they are already.  You have stated many times you would prefer to blend them in outside of MIR within your DAW but I ultimately want to put everything over in MIR for simplicity sakes on my part if possible.

Thanks!

Patiently awaits, (when the hell will they have this done!!!) 😊

Maestro2be

• last edited
    last edited

@noldar12 said:

With the latest beta version, is the needed computer power still in line with what is currently needed for MIR?  Or, can one get by with a bit less, or does one need more?

Here's hoping that the upgrade/crossgrade prices are "very" attractive.

Assuming that many people will want to use MIR Pro on the same machine as their DAW, it might be venturous to suggest the use weaker machines. 😊

As a matter of fact, MIR Pro will need considerably less system resources with smaller setups than "legacy" Vienna MIR (... it even starts in a 32-bit operating system without complaints). But as soon as you work with big arrangements and lots of instruments on a stage, MIR Pro's RAM- and CPU-requirements will be similar to Vienna MIR.

• However, do remember that MIR Pro will accept audio input, so there is no reason that you can't freeze all your MIDI tracks (assuming that your DAW can do this) and relieve the computer of a lot of the CPU cycles need to run the sample players. This will give you virtually all your computer's power for MIR. This wasn't possible in the standalone version of MIR, and it's is something I'm looking forward to, because my machine couldn't run my template and MIR at any buffer. [:O]

DG