Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,479 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,084 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

Hi everybody,

The new version is available in your User Area!

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Paul, and this version fixes the loading twice problem, I presume? Awesome! Thanks!

• Hi Simon, 

ehm, yes [:)]

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Indeed, it works now:)

• Loading time is still terrible with PLAY v3.0.21 and the loading message window steals window focus every time a new sample is loaded. I hate PLAY with all my heart now.

• Loading with PLAY is actually very fast here, but that is from SSD.

• It's faster than before but still much slower than Play v2.1.2

• I have seen a big increase in loading speed from PLAY 2 from PLAY 3. I still like Kontakt more as a player (also because of all the extra routing abilities, settings, lower memory footprint etc.), but I can't complain about PLAY 3's loading from SSD. My template can be up and running within a couple of minutes now.

•  Thanks, Paul, this is great news.

Mahlon

•  Yaaaay![:D] Seems a lot spiffier, too.

Mahlon

• After some more testing I'm still having the same issues as before with my setup (details in my sig). I'm unsure if its specific instrument presets that cause it. I did a clean Play install just to be sure. Created brand new template - same thing. Anyone else with ProTools on Win7 having these issues?

• Same here.. endless loading and if I touch the midi channel in play, it freezes..... 

• I've noticed that some Play patches load lightning fast but some load either extremely slow or will halt to a stop. For example I'll make a ProTools session with 64-bit VEP server on another Win7 x64 machine and load any Bosendorfer grand patch. When reopening the session it'll load for ages and occasionally stop altogether. If, however, I try reopening a session with Yamaha C7 patch in it, it loads VERY fast.

• When, on Mac, it starts to go slow, either you have bad memory stick, either you starts to use VM because you have a lack of physical memory !

I don't know about Windows, this could be something to check

Is the Bosendorfer patch much bigger than the C7 patch ?

Can you look at memory occupation ?

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Bosi is definitely larger, around x2 the size but Yamaha loads in ~ 5 seconds when Bosi can go for 5 min. When loading Bosi directly from Play interface it'll take around 10 sec but when loading previously saved ProTools session it'll either be super slow or get stuck. As I mentioned, some patches are OK and some aren't.

• How much memory is left when you  have loaded your PT session without Play ?

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Did you guys uninstall the previous version of VE Pro first before you installed. Do a clean install, I'm on Win 7 and PT 9 and it loads PLAY and Kontakt as it should now.

• Around 6 GB without Play, ~5.7 with Play. RAM was never an issue here. As suggested, tried complete reinstall of VEP on all machines and still get the same issue.

• is 5.7 Gb  without the piano loaded ?

How much memory left with the bosendorfer loaded ?

With W7, can you monitor memory during the load ?

• last edited
    last edited

@gen0use said:

Bosi is definitely larger, around x2 the size but Yamaha loads in ~ 5 seconds when Bosi can go for 5 min. When loading Bosi directly from Play interface it'll take around 10 sec but when loading previously saved ProTools session it'll either be super slow or get stuck.
    If you are having PT load it, or with any host coupled with VE Pro, that can happen. Have you never found other loading to be significantly slower than loading it in VE Pro first and then connecting; or have you never done decoupled sessions?