Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,643 users have contributed to 42,310 threads and 255,124 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 40 new user(s).

• I am still waiting for some more hung notes. I have 20gig of ram on my slave mac how much ram should I leave free. I am thinking maybe I am trying to access too much of my 20 gigs of ram. thanks for the help, David

• Looks like that Mac os X is getting slow when the swap is used, or it could be memory leaks 

Let's wait you get pops, clicks to see if that is confirm

I have moved the VM files onto a separate drive/partition that is only used by VM

best

Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" - 1 x 27" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D Dolby Atmos --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • I don't understand the line below, what is VM

I have moved the VM files onto a separate drive/partition that is only used by VM

also if I have 20gigs how much ram do I have to leave free??

thanks for the help

Dave

• VM = Virtual Memory

if I have 20gigs how much ram do I have to leave free??

Normally you should be able to use them all, it depends if there is memory leaks

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" - 1 x 27" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D Dolby Atmos --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • I found that OSX holds onto a lot of memory, the blue area in activity monitor, that restarting gets rid of. I have enough RAM to where I haven't run into any phenomena caused by it, but currently it's showing that ~18GB are being used, running a project that uses more like a third of that actually.

My guess is that this is memory-related.

• last edited
    last edited

@ddk said:

my main mac is a 2.32 quad os 10.5 8 24 gig ram

my slave is mac 2x2.66 os 10.5.8 20gig ram 

If your master is a more robust machine than your slave, I would suggest rethinking that one. The slave would usually perform the heavy lifting, and by a goodly margin.

• thanks for the replies

I am going to try to add more ram 

dave

• last edited
    last edited

@ddk said:

thanks for the replies

I am going to try to add more ram 

dave

Before going on expences you better give us the figure I have ask you to see what is wrong

you can also give the figure just after loading your template

If there is a memory leak in VSL adding more memory will not help

Best

Cyril

• I have tons of clicks and pops if I forget to switch off SETI@Home on the slave Macs.

Maybe thats it? Screensaver kicking in?

Jochen

www.jochenschmidt.de

• what is SETI@Home???

thanks for the help

Dave

• A software to find space aliens.

Seriously! Google it!

Jochen