Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

189,657 users have contributed to 42,667 threads and 256,810 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• Yes, exactly. Cardioid is always a good starting point for brass instruments.

Keep in mind that you will have to re-select any Character Presets you have chosen, too, as they are tailor made for almost each and every instrument. The General Purpose profiles contain just very generic settings.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  •  All right, thanks for that info Dietz. 

• OF COURSE Vienna Instruments Pro is able to integrate into MIR like the standard VI. There's even an option to convert existing MIR Projects to VI Pro.

So you can download VI PRO, when you install it does MIR recognize it instead of the standard VI?

Thanks,

Stephen W. Beatty 

• When you have a VI Pro license (demo or full), VI Pro will be selectable from the instruments just like the regular VI. You can use both VI and VI Pro without problems.

• Thanks Karel

Stephen

• I installed VI Pro and VI Standard couple days later. Maybe i'm wrong but it seems to be VI Pro only, no version choice.

Is it me ?

• It's you ;). When you add a new MIR instrument you can choose between VI and VI Pro (or a 3rd party VSTi).

• As I work through the instructive videos, I am continually impressed by the depth of the Vienna Instruments Pro. Thank Paul S and Herb for the great audio/visuals. However, I am still wondering if the panning function or reverb function is used in VI Pro, how does this affect the icon in MIR. For example, If two patches of Violins are added to one instance and one is panned left and one right in VI Pro to reflect a von Dohnyani seating arrangement for 1st and 2nd violins, where should the icon for the instance be placed in MIR? My guess is in the center, but I am not sure.

Regards,

Stephen W. Beatty  

• Stephen, actually it is very simple: The MIR Icon's stereo width (shown by the outer ellipse) defines the possible 100% of left-right-panorama in any signal put on stage.

Putting a first and a second violin in the same MIR Icon doesn't seem to be a good idea for me, though ...

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Thanks Dietz

Stephen