Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,115 users have contributed to 42,275 threads and 254,983 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 37 new user(s).

• I just installed the hard disk. I had no problems, absolutely nothing bad.

I'm playing incredible sounds right now, fantastic!

Will it be safe to transfer my special edition license to the new vienna key?

By the way, there are no download instruments to test in the hard disk. I was specially interested in those. Most of DVD collections are far from my possibilities :-(

Cheers

• I was also thinking about this.  I have been getting more and more into VSL these days (thanks to the VI PRO) and sometimes wonder what the difference is SE and the bigger libraries.  I own Appassionata and soon to own BRASS II DVD sets but having ALL of the libraries on this one drive is kinda amazing.  Kinda dangerous too since all one has to do to buy is the pay the $$$ and you get a license to DL onto the Vienna key....scaaaaarrrry!

• last edited
    last edited

Hello, 

good to hear that you like it!

@dorremifasol said:

Will it be safe to transfer my special edition license to the new vienna key?

Yes, no problems there. Make sure that you are using the latest eLCC software

The best way to check out the Download Instruments is to simply check out the sample content lists in the menu under the download instrument icon on the website, e.g., the Soprano Saxophone. Then simply pick these articulations from the DVD Collections. 

Best, 

Stefan

• I had some problems running the libraries.

Vienna instruments (both standard and pro) crashed after loading some presets from the Special Edition collection. And some times an error about the licensed showed as well (licenses not found). That happened specially while loading any plus library.

I had the Standard Edition installed on one HD, and the Expooration Kit on its own HD. Seems that removing the Standard Edition from my old HD resolved the issue, but I'm not sure yet.

Cheers

• Hi dorremifasol,

With such specific troubles itĀ“s the best idea to contact us via , and please donĀ“t forget to include your system specs (OS, computer, RAM, sequencer and used software versions).

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thank you Paul, I'll keep that in mind.

Cheers

• Hi: This is very interesting and tempting, as a means to decide on how to expand my library. Here's my question: Is the 180 hours limit for using (just) this new library, or is it the next 180 hours of activating my VSL license IN ANY MANNER once this is installed? For example: I own SE plus some downloaded instruments. I have current projects (using SE etc.) that I might be editing and mixing with no desire to demo the big libraries, but would time spent on those count toward the 180 hours? Alternately, If I buy this and wait until I have a block of time to dedicate to just working the big libraries, there is no (calendar) time limit on using the exploration kit, correct? Thanks, Steve

• Hello Steve,

the 180 hours work for all VSL products. You get a separate key, the best idea is to simply unplug it when you donĀ“t need it (although, in your specific case, it wonĀ“t affect your instruments).

So there is no calendar time limit, it is 180 hours. 

Best,

Paul

• I am thinking of taking advantage of the xmas offer. I already own  a few VSL libraries standard and extended. If I bought the VSL exploration kit could I then buy a licence for one of the included standard libraries and get the free extended library as well? That way I wouldn't have to be sent the DVD of a library I would have on the VSL exploration kit.

• I'm sold; I just ordered mine for delivery way over here in the USA. It'll take a few weeks I'm sure, but I'll be ready for it : )

• Hi smallfry,

Of course that will work. Simply register the Standard Library within the timeframe of the holiday offer and contact us - we will send the serial number of the Extended Library of your choice right away!

Best,

Paul

• I mentioned this to the composer I'm assisting on a film (he's already jumped on the VSL wagon and purchased several libraries based on the cues I sent him that are full of VSL) and he said he'd get it for me as an x-mas gift.  Sweeeet!  

For me, 180 hours is a looooong time.  I'm not a career composer and usually get in about 2-6 hours per week if I'm lucky so these licenses ought to last me quite some time. 

Between this and the Holiday Deal, I'm loving VSL more than ever. :)

• Very interesting product.

Just thinking about the best way of combining things.

If you get the HD from Best Service and add a second product, they give you a 10% bonus.

At the same time they officially mention the VSL christmas deal with the 23% bonus.

When you check out even with 4 libraries they deduct 10%, not more, so it seems the Vienna X mas deal Part II is lost. ( of coursePart I with the free extended library would work).

If thatĀ“s the case, it might be better to only buy the Harddisc from Best Service and order the Libraries in the Vienna Webshop.

But I still wonder, if there is a way to combine both.

Greetings

Holger

• last edited
    last edited

Hello kleinholgi,

as the Exploration Kit is offered by Best Service, IĀ“d say the best idea is to contact them directly.

Best,

Paul

• Hi Paul,

it seems, Best Service knows about the problem. ItĀ“s related to their webshop.

"Lieber Best Service Kunde,
    Wir freuen uns, dass Sie an dem VSL Weihnachts-Special teilhaben mƶchten.
    Bitte rufen Sie uns an (Tel. 089 45 22 89 226), gerne beantworten wir Ihre Fragen und nehmen Ihre Bestellung
    entgegen. Sie kƶnnen uns Ihre WĆ¼nsche auch per email mitteilen, dann erhalten Sie umgehend Ihr persƶnliches
    Angebot.
    Bei Bestellungen in unserem web shop www.bestservice.de werden diese Sonderrabatte leider nicht automatisch
    angezeigt. "

Greetings

Holger

• Very good idea, i ordered one ! And keep it for a future big project Sincerelly, it isn't a god idea to explore ? why can we pay for having hours of use of complete vsl library ? I can't even dream to buy the entire library ! Even if i save money for 10 years ! But i can imagine paying the right to use it and buying hours. Have you ever think to do this ?

• That Would be a great idea !

For example. a 100 hour license for EUR 70 or so.

R.Denessen

• Usually the fees for using rented software are very high for typical high value packages. Therefore IĀ“m not a big fan of throwing money at something, which in the end I donĀ“t own.

But in the case of VSL this might really be a nice idea. I donĀ“t know if it is possible to buy just another Vienna Key and get another 30 days again or if the demo modes are only accessible once per user.

Anyway it is a good idea to get the chance of testing the libraries before buying, especially at this price. 99 Euro including a harddisc thatĀ“s worth ~70 Euros alone, with all the samples already copied onboard, is absolutely fair.

I only hope that thereĀ“s no confusion when running the directory manager to search for new paths of the library. Regarding the keys I donĀ“t expect big problems when keeping the new key seperate from the old one.My plan is not to copy my existing licenses onto the new key. That way it should be easy to seperate full library exploration from working with existing licensed libraries without hurting each other.

Regarding SATA vs USB I think I will go for the SATA version. Would love to just pop it into an USB port, but I think the performance is worse then. Firewire is often shared with or already in use for audio interfaces, so thatĀ“s not a good idea either. External SATA could be nice, but the cases or more expensive and many motherboards and PC towers donĀ“t have the eSATA Slot ( why the hell did they go for another connector anyway, the regular SATA is already small enough IMO ?  ). So in the end, 3 HDs inside the tower should be the best and cheapest solution, although thermally and silence-wise itĀ“s not a dream. Perhaps the SSDs keep getting cheaper and bigger in the future, then we could outsource at least the boot partition and the VSL sample libraries.

cheers

Holger

• Just ordered the kit.

Works fine with Best Service. You only have to give them a phone call, because their webshop canĀ“t properly calculate the christmas discounts.

The only thing IĀ“m not quite sure is, if the 180h Demo Vienna Key is included in the Exploration Kit automatically. I guess a standard Vienna Key wonĀ“t work for that purpose. Keeping it seperate would be a better idea anyway IMO.

Also I was astonished, that you have to buy external HDs only. I thought you could also have it as a standard SATA internal disc.

Do you think USB will be fast enough ? Otherwise IĀ“ll either have to copy it to another internal drive or unmount it from the USB cage.

• Just got the information, that the Vienna Key is included in the Package.

Well done.

Cheers

kh