Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,226 users have contributed to 42,285 threads and 255,022 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• Checking into the WinXP64 thing... or the other things? Thanks.. just trying to determine if I need to buy Win7 for that machine Cheers R

• Hi,

we´re looking into all bugs that are reported, always. Whatever can be fixed, will be fixed. But you´re better off with Win7 in any case, as there is no development for XP64 anymore, if I´m not mistaken.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks Paul, I just went through on my Win7 machine and converted a cue that had LOTS of EastWest instruments to just using the Epic Orchestra instruments that came with VEP... using the VI Pro demo... amazing! Because of the flexibility of VI Pro, I am able to use far fewer instruments to achieve a richer and more detailed sound. Nice work guys... I'll definitely be buying the full version of VI Pro. Cheers Russell

• Hi there. I installed the update VI Pro on my Mac and my slave PC (win XP 32 bit) when i start up Protools my slave VI Pro crashes. Cant load VI Pro. Reinstalled the older version of VI Pro and then there is no communication with the slave. Not visible in the server window. What can be wrong????

• last edited
    last edited

@Arthur said:

Hi there. I installed the update VI Pro on my Mac and my slave PC (win XP 32 bit) when i start up Protools my slave VI Pro crashes. Cant load VI Pro. Reinstalled the older version of VI Pro and then there is no communication with the slave. Not visible in the server window. What can be wrong????

Did you update the eLicencer?

• Hi DG. Yes i did

• On my Mac the server sees my PC, but when i connect with my PC, VI Pro on my PC crashes Update Elicenser on both machines and both machines has the same VI pro version 4.1.6844 Normally when i open a existing session in Protools, VI Pro opens automatically, but now it won't.

• Hi Paul. On my Mac the server sees my PC, but when i connect with my PC, VI Pro on my PC crashes Update Elicenser on both machines and both machines has the same VI pro version 4.1.6844 Normally when i open a existing session in Protools, VI Pro opens automatically, but now it won't.

• We're aware of the XP/XP64 issues and an update will follow shortly that fixes these. Sorry for the inconvenience. In the meantime you can install build 6776, which does not exhibit this problem.

• Holding still on 6776 (three farm x64 machines) - working great.  The new updated features would be nice but there is value in 'working'[;)]