Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,216 users have contributed to 42,284 threads and 255,018 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• Do not get me wrong because of my bad English. I know what it means to sacrifice. I studied all day for years on my instrument and Dubois and the Treaty of Harmony in Schoenberg etc ... I know what it means to have the tendons on fire! The question is of professional quality and cost. I share the enthusiasm, really, but how can I pay a producer all the time which would require a program like this? Perhaps with a few hundred dollars can enforce a part in a player, as far as possible. Certainly a symphony orchestra would become a problem .. but I asked how to improve my cello and only if the "special edition" could, in your opinion, be sufficient for an acceptable result .... With gains of this work will buy SOLO STRINGS I because the demo are incredible. eheheh :)

• The larger collections will certainly give you more articulations as well as more velocity layers (I hope to eventually get some of them).  However, my suggestion would be to learn to use the current tools that you have first.  Simply spending money on additional libraries might help, but it also might not, as the issues you are facing seem to relate only indirectly to the sample content.

Looking at your original post again, did you make any alterations to the tempos in your original sequence?  One of the more important steps, IMO, is to program many tempo changes within the sequence file.  A straight midi file will sound very lifeless and mechanical as the tempo will be static.  A good conductor normally makes constant subtle changes, literally almost measure by measure and even within the beats of any given measure. 

This is one of those time consuming steps, as you have to listen to the sequence over and over thinking in terms of how you would conduct each phrase of the piece.

• It is impossible to help much without hearing the actual music - you ought to post it and specific things could be suggested. 

• ok i search a shared web space.

• last edited
    last edited

@matteo said:

ok i search a shared web space.

4shared [:)]

• Hi, voila the link of my cello part. http://www.4shared.com/audio/Wo6fwLir/cello_solo.html Is the track as is in the main mix of the music. thanks for help matteo

• I listened and had the impression that you were using velocity crossfade which makes the solo morph into a psuedo-ensemble at times.  Did you do that?   If you avoid that and use dynamic samples it might sound more espressivo. Also, more cc11 expression at the starts and ends of notes perhaps. 

• thanks. Can i have a examples of dynamic samples? I remember that i'm programming VSL SE plus mt

• For SE and SE plus I think the only dynamic samples you have are sforzando and fortepiano.  I have SE but not SE Plus so I could be wrong on that.