Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,175 users have contributed to 42,281 threads and 255,002 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 62 new user(s).

• I am getting a lot of note hangs too. And some notes simply don't play. If I moved them around a bit, they may play. The GUI doesn't hang though. And it's only with Kontakt (I only have version 3.5), Vienna Instruments are fine. No effects are inserted in VE Pro. Wireless is disabled on all computers. When I ran VE Pro standalone I didn't have this problem. It doesn't matter how busy the arrangement is. CPU is rarely above 10%.

DAW: Logic 9.1.1, OS 10.5.8, VE Pro 5436

Server: Kontakt 3.5, Windows 7 64bit  (also tried XP64),  VE Pro 5436

Has anybody with this problem tried Kontakt 4?

• I am also getting this behaviour. Fairly certain that the behaviour is fromhaving BOTH Vienna Instruments AND Kontakt running at same time within the VE PRo server.  If only Kontakt instances are running there are NO dropouts. As soon as a VIenna Instrument is added to the mix dropouts start occurring.

Mac Pro, 16 gig RAM. 10.6.3..latest and greatest VE Pro stuff, Kontakt 3.5

SvK

• last edited
    last edited

@svonkampen said:

Fairly certain that the behaviour is fromhaving BOTH Vienna Instruments AND Kontakt running at same time within the VE PRo server.

Not here. I tried it on a computer that has no Vienna Instruments installed at all and I get the same behaviour. 

• Tried going back to VEPro 4.0.4686.....Of course this doesn't work as one can not open projects / metaframes that were saved with the newer 4.0.5436.

friggin' nightmare

SvK

• Praying for a next VE Pro version fix here too...

• DITO !! :-(

• There is a compromise that worx.....IF you are not running huge amounts of Kontakt samples (I'm running circa 1 gig of RAM within Kontakt)......Goto Kontakt / preferences / memory and UNCHECK "Use Memory Server".......now you wont have that conflict between the Kontakt Memory server and the Vienna one.....

best,

SvK

• Interesting, so it looks like on Mac it has something to do with Vienna. However, on PC, there is no memory server anyway, and the problem is still there, even without any Vienna Instruments. 

• last edited
    last edited

@svonkampen said:

There is a compromise that worx.....IF you are not running huge amounts of Kontakt samples (I'm running circa 1 gig of RAM within Kontakt)......Goto Kontakt / preferences / memory and UNCHECK "Use Memory Server".......now you wont have that conflict between the Kontakt Memory server and the Vienna one.....

best,

SvK

Sorry, never heard about that. It doesn´t make any sense because it works with Kontakt only perfectly, even with Bidule !

• I can't seem to reproduce this here. From what host are you guys connecting to the VE Pro Server? And more specifically, which plugin format (AU/VST/VST3/RTAS)?

• Thanks for looking into it, Karel. 

DAW: Logic 9.1.1, OS 10.5.8, VE Pro 5436 (AU)

Server: Kontakt 3.5 (VST), Windows 7 64bit  (also tried XP64),  VE Pro 5436

It doesn't always happen. But when it does happen, it happens on the same section repeatedly, about 80% of the time. Often moving a note away from the barline helps. The worst is when all notes are quantised to 1/4 notes.  It seems to happen most often when there is a section with 4 intertwining legato string parts. I am using a private Kontakt strings library. I also tried removing all controller data from the tracks, but that doesn't help either. I am not getting the GUI hang, just note hangs, or non-playing notes. As mentioned the same patches work fine when VE Pro is in standalone mode.  

I am ruling out the sleep mode explanation, as over a section some of the notes play, some don't, some hang, all over the course of a few seconds. 

• Karel

Host = VE Pro

Kontakt 3.5 AU

OSX 10.6.3

it will take hours for the behavior to start occurring. Once it does, it will happen every 30 seconds or so  and get consistently worse and more frequent.

SvK

• same behaviour here (OSX 10.5.8 )except the fact that it occours with the Standalone as well. Please have in mind the Behaviour i´ve described earlier when , after some time , the whole system get´s sluggish after closing.

Like i said, it doesn´t happen in Bidule. 

• BTW ...I switched to Kontakt 4.1 (public Beta 64bit) today , so now I only run a VE pro 64 bit server. Will report if problems continue.

SvK

• nope makes matters worse..Trying K4.1 in 32 bit server now.

SvK

• BTW my machine has 4 gig of RAM to spare, so memory aint it.

• FIXED!

The solution is Kontakt 4.1 in 32 bit server. Unfortunately Kontakt 4.1 still wont play nice in 64 bit server along side Vienna Instruments Instances.

SvK

• I´ve tried it in K4, no Luck yet....

• last edited
    last edited

@svonkampen said:

Karel

Host = VE Pro

Kontakt 3.5 AU

OSX 10.6.3

it will take hours for the behavior to start occurring. Once it does, it will happen every 30 seconds or so  and get consistently worse and more frequent.

SvK

Exactly same behavior here! OSX 10.5.8 and 10.6.3. Local machine only. Remote machines work fine.

• Nothing really changed here either. After the latest beta everything seemed to run smooth but after some reboots the problem came up again.

Even the newest Kontakt 4 release has that behaviour. 

I´ll try to screen capture it and send that to the support team.

D