Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,925 users have contributed to 42,264 threads and 254,950 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• cueblast,

I tried to reproduce this setup and I ended up with the same issues. In my case, Omni 1, 2 & 3 played back instantly. Omni 4 & 5 - as mentioned - with a huge "mididelay", let's say 1minute after stopping the sequencer...

It's such a great piece of software but there are still A LOT of issues which make it quiet unreliable.

Mac Pro 2 x 2,93 GHz - 16GB RAM

OS 10.6.1

Logic 9.0.1

• cool, thanks for testing this. should be enough reason for the viennas to dive into the issue. might aswell be a problem of spectrasonics or AU-specs, but i´m VSL will find a way to deal with it :-) BTW since the VEpro update, i´m not able to write into Omnispheres searchfield. haven´t tried it with other textfields, parameters or other synths, but i´m sure it was possible before the update....

• We'll look into this. Thanks for reporting.

• Look forward to a fix Karel.

Cheers.

Nick

• Thanks a lot VSL. Version 4604 seems to have fixed this problem. [:D]

Nick

• Sorry. I was a tad too hasty there. Just tried it with a bigger template and the problem persists.

• ...even with smaller templates...

• The problem is probably a Logic issue. By default in the Clicks & Ports layer of the Environment, Logic cables the Sum from the Physical Input (through some monitors) to the Sequencer Input. You need to delete that cable and draw a cable from the MIDI ports your controller(s) use to the Sequencer Input. SHAMELESS SELF+-PROMOTION ALERT: I will have a tutorial on this, pictures and text, in my upcoming book, "Going Pro With Logic Pro 9." In the meantime, upon request I will send people a template with it created if they email me: jay@jayasher.com.

• Thanks Jay. I tried your suggestion but unfortunately the problem still occurs.

Nick

• hi. after 3 month+ and several updates of VEpro, logic, spectrasonics etc. i´m just trying again and get the same issues. still sometimes on certain mulititimbral instruments i see the incoming midi in VEpro, i hear the internal prelisten audio (stylus in this case) but VEpro doesn´t throughput the midi to the instrument. i think the huge midi delay has gone though... edit: sorry, my fault (and a bit of a designflaw from stylus) - solved ! (the parts in stylus mixer don´t have a channelswitch (like omnisphere) so if you want a stylus play on channel4 you must choose the groove in part 4 obviously...)