Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,133 users have contributed to 42,275 threads and 254,984 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• I use it in logic  9.0.2 as a 32bit plug-in. It's still there and it's always the piano which is on midi channel 1. I also have a 64bit plug-in connected to a slave pc and another local 32bit plug-in which hosts all the spectraphonics. The problem only occurs on the plug-in with my kontakt samples. 

• I too have extreme problems with Kontakt 4 as a plugin in VEPro 64bit 4686 running on a Win7 64Bit slave. My master is a WinXP 32bit machine running Cubase 4.

When I'm loading a C4 project on my master in that I used Kontakt4 in VEPro (connected via the VST3/VST2 Server Interface Plugin, happens on both) either Kontakt 4 is playing no sound or in the worst case crashes completely the VEPro Server. It is so frustrating.

• What piano sound...... I have a similar problem with the Steinway form Akoustic Piano.  Is your piano from Akoustic Piano by chance?

• Yes, it's the concert-grand production piano from the Akustik-Piano Library. And I'm sure now it's not a VE problem, because it now also happens when using Kontakt 4 as a plug-in directly inside logic. So we might have to move to the NI Forum, maybe it's a known bug and the next update fixes it.

best regars

• I am currently in contakt with Native Instruments, trying to solve the issues which seem to occur with Kontakt 4 / VE Pro. As you mention, the plugin also gives strange issues with other hosts, so I don't believe that VE Pro is to blame here really.

• Kontakt 4.0.3 update is out! Hope it fixes the issues.

• Problem is not solved with 4.0.3 in my case, still got the same mysterious absence of sound. It's definitely not a VE Pro problem but I'm not sure if it may have to do something with the Vienna Suite plugin's that are in use in the sessions that have the problem. If I bypass the Vienna Suite plug-ins, the problem seems to be gone... 

• last edited
    last edited

@MS said:

I am currently in contakt with Native Instruments, trying to solve the issues which seem to occur with Kontakt 4 / VE Pro. As you mention, the plugin also gives strange issues with other hosts, so I don't believe that VE Pro is to blame here really.

Will the demo period for VE Pro be extended once Kontakt is working? That's the main feature I want it for, so I want to make sure it's working on my system before I purchase. I have Kontakt 3.5 and am getting stuck notes. I understand that the fact that I'm at 48k might be part of the problem. 

• 4.0.3 din't solve the problem for me either. K4 is still crashing when reloading a Cubase4 project with VEPro.

• In the NI forum a user said it my crash only appears in the 64bit version of K4.