Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,906 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,946 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• Does anyone have VE Pro working with Sonar? I'm wondering if the few of us on this thread have a particular issue or if Sonar wasn't tested and just isn't compatible at the moment. I'd love to hear that somebody's got it working!

• We do have a known issue with the plugin not being recognized properly for Sonar. This has already been fixed and we're looking at issuing an update asap.

• Great news, Martin! I can't wait to try this out!

• last edited
    last edited

I'm having the exact same issue as well. VE Pro is not being recognized as a VST by Sonar with Vista 64. Glad it's not just me. Please let me know asap where there is a fix or something for me to test.

Brian
    brian@brianwilbur.com

•  Is there any update yet on getting Sonar to work with Vienna Ensemble Pro?

• As it says in the other thread, they've fixed it already, but apparently us Sonar users have to wait until they fix all the other problems and make other improvements as well before they'll post an update. I for one am pretty anxious, too, but at least we don't have to worry about the other bugs in version 1.0. Still, I'm checking for a new version several times every day!

• I can't get VE pro so show up as a VST in Sonar 8.5 either. The dll is in the same folder as the standard VE but it just will not scan! Very frustrating as I wanted to try the Pro before the price went up - but I can't now.  This isn't really fair......any chance of extending the deal to Sonar users who couldn't get it to work?

• Hi, 

this has been fixed with the upcoming version - we´re testing it right now.

It will be ready for the release soon, and we will give you more time for testing, before the price increase (for everybody).

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks Paul, that is much appreciated.  Presumably you will email those on your newsletter list to let them know of this release.

• Hi basso,

there will be no newsletter for the update - we´d fill your mailbox way too often....

If everything works as planned, the new version will be available within the next 2 days.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  •  Great news! Let's home everything works as planned. [:)]

• I really do hope that the update will show up soon! Have been waiting (trying to be patient) to build my template from the ground up with the 64-bit version, and I'm quickly running out of time.

•  Paul,

Is there any update on Vienna Pro fix for Sonar?  I'd love a beta copy, even if the other issues aren't yet resolved.  The new version looks so much better than VE 3 and the ability to work on both 32 and 64 bit is really important to me.

Thanks!

• Howdy, I just tried v4.0 build 4536 with Sonar 8.5 and I can't seem to detect the VST files, still. I downloaded the new update, uninstalled the previous build, installed new build then restarted and rescanned my VSTs. Has this patch resolved the VST not being found for any other Sonar users out there?

•  With Sonar 8.32 is now OK.

• I'm on 8.5 64bit and it works fine here.

• I have finally managed to get Sonar 8.5 to recognise Vienna Pro.  However, I cannot get the Server to start up in non network mode. Clicking connect just brings up the network slave page and won't let me get any further....I just want to test Pro in single host computer mode so I can try pro out before possibly buying it.  Any idea what I am doing wrong?

• Alrighty, Thanks, I guess it must be something I'm doing wrong on my end. Did you do anything differently then what simply removing the old version and installing the new? Cheers

• last edited
    last edited

@basso said:

I have finally managed to get Sonar 8.5 to recognise Vienna Pro.  However, I cannot get the Server to start up in non network mode. Clicking connect just brings up the network slave page and won't let me get any further....I just want to test Pro in single host computer mode so I can try pro out before possibly buying it.  Any idea what I am doing wrong?

You need to fire up the server application first. Then you can connect to the local server.

• It's still not working for me! Windows XP SP3, Sonar PE 8.3.1. 

I uninstalled the last version, updated the eLicenser. Still no dice.

Do I need to uninstall VE3? I'm hesitant as it still works and so do I!