Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,865 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,942 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 40 new user(s).

• I haven’t downloaded VE Pro yet and am appreciating from a distance all that you guys are going through. As soon as my new slave computer shows up I’ll be going through the process. Maybe there will be a bug fix version for Mac by that time.

dp-

Regarding Logic’s RAM usage, you might want to open up an instance of EXS 24 and go to the ‘Options’ button in the upper right hand corner and click on it. Go to ‘Virtual Memory’ and select ‘On, optimized for AU SI instances’. That should give you a bit more memory overhead for AU software instruments other than EXS 24 – like VE Pro. This option is available in Logic 9 and 9.0.1.

HTH

• I actually did that just now..... maybe it will help a bit.

• I also have the hang on Loop Browser problem, and I fixed it by using Time Machine and grabbing Logic 9 from August.  I'm now going to try to update to 9.0.1 again and try the fix above.

Another questions:  how do I get extra midi channels into VE Pro, beyond the 16 in the multi-instrument?  In rewire they usually show up in the right pane browser, but they're not showing up for me for Vienna Ensemble.  In Pro Tools they appeared automatically.  Is there something obvious I'm missing?

• Martin, I cannot locate those files you speak of.  not even in a search.  Can you type out the exact location of them please?  I am having other issues too but I want to handle things one at a time.

Thanks!

Maestro2be

• I can help here:  right click on the actual Logic Application.  Select "Show Package Contents"  The files are in there. 

It worked for me to take them out, start application and replace them.  Then I quit and started a second time with no problem.

• Thanks John.  That worked as far as pointing me to the folder.  Inside of it is actually the bomread file, and a "shortcut" to the logicloopbrowser file.

I took them both out of the directory.  Restarted Logic.  Put the files back in, restarted logic and it didn't do anything.  It still had the same slow loading and hanging on loop browser module.  I notice you used the word "replace".  I didn't replace anything, I simply put the same old ones back in the folder.  Did you actually "replace" something?

I did notice the actual LogicLoopBrowser file a few folders deeper in.  Removed that and restarted and it didn't like that at all.  So I put it back and it's exactly as it was initially.  Slow long loading time hanging at the loop loading module.

What knucklehead thing did I do wrong lol?

Maestro2be

• It might be a small thing, but when I took them out I placed them in the trashcan.  Then I started Logic, it made it past the Loop Browser, I opened a blank session, then I took the two files out of the trash and put them back in their proper folder.  Quit Logic, started again with no problem.

I think if you just put them on the desktop the program still sees them somehow.  The trashcan is a program "no fly" zone.

• Well drats I tried that as well and it did nothing.  I get past the loop browser window but it takes 20-30 seconds of sitting there before it goes away.

Any other ideas VSL team :)?

Thanks!

Maestro2be

• Ok here we go I've found an alterntive solution to the "Loop Browser" problem.

If you have a Time Machine Backup of the Program Folder with Logic 9.0.0 or any Logic 9.0.0 flying around that should work:

1) Open Logic 9.0.0 with ctrl+Mousclick, show packages and go to contents/Frameworks/LogicLoopBrowser.framework/Versiones/A and copy that File "LogicLoopBrowser" to the desktop 2) Open Logic 9.0.1 (the updated version)and go to the same place contents/Frameworks/LogicLoopBrowser.framework/Versiones/A 3) Replace the file "LogicLoopBrowser" of Logic 9.0.1 with the older "LoopBrowser" file from Logic 9.0.0 you copied to the desktop

Its not necesary to copy the file to the desktop of course. I only put that additional step in between in order to make the instruction better understandable. The point is to replace the new corrupted Logic 9.0.1 Loop Browser File with a working one from the old version. After that Logic 9.0.1 starts quickly again. I hope this is without any side effects (-;

cheers,
    Alex

• Oh and one more thing. Dear Hardcore Users, please have a little look and compassion with a paranoid user wishing som kinda "Yes VE Ensemble basically works fine with a huge load of Kontakt 3.5 and Logic9"-confirmation. (I've to know if VE Pro does the job needed or if I have to buy bidule instead which would be a less-than-ideal-solution of course) Can't demo Vienna ensembles Pro cause of not having an Elicenser Key. Otherwise I'd do that by myself of course instead of bothering you guys:

http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/t/22756.aspx

• Until know everything working fine. I just can recommend my above mentioned solution ...

• I had the loop browser problem with 9.01, too. You don't have to replace any files but just be patient. I got the spinning ball with initalizing loop-browser and logic seemed pretty much "dead" but instead of shutting down the program I left the computer for a very long time and - after an awful amount of time Logic started. I assume the program is searching/indexing whatsoever and this simply takes time. The next time the program starts everyting is fine. So just grab a cup of coffee and wait.

• Well yeah if that solution to wait 20 mins works its good of course. In my case I always waited about just 2 minutes (without quitting Logic) and than I could start working with logic but the next time it happened again and again. Therefore in cases were waiting doesn't help as in my case i still recommend my solution. The cool thing is that we've collected 3 solutions for the loop browser problem (typically occurring ater the VE PRo Demo Installation and one of that should work (= (good luck)

• Would this be the same fix for Logic 8? I can't seem to find those files anywhere, but am getting a freeze when it tried to initialize the loop browser on the start up screen. Thanks.