Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,208 users have contributed to 42,283 threads and 255,017 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 22 new post(s) and 57 new user(s).

• MDesigner,

I'm also eager to see something happening...

Look there:

http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/t/21095.aspx

The 8th mail is from Paul ... in March !

• Hi Guys,

Here's another user who can report the laggy interface problem, using pretty much the same set up (MacPro, Quad Core 2.66 Hz, 16Gig Ram, Logic Pro8)  Also, last week when I went to optimize some tracks, I got a spinning beachball freeze just trying to open an interface to instruct it to "learn" for the optimization.  Had to run off for a gig.  Keeping my fingers crossed that when I fire up the system tomorrow I'm not going to plagued with freezes.  That's what my MacBookPro used to do.  This system (I hope) goes a lot further in the clout department.

Cheers,      Tom

• I Have the same laggy interface issue using a Mac pro Quad core with Logic 8.Also, the small yellow "sample loading" window seems to have disappeared-though this may have something to my recent migration to the new machine.The only indication i have of VI loading instruments now is a tiny, tiny dot in the middle of the screen.Just below that is a permanent smudge from my nose....

Ray

• Is there a link to a older or a newer beta version ? I need to reinstall my mac (upgrade to leopard).

best regards

• This issue is still unresolved? (I don't see a software update)

• This is also happening to me in Logic 9. I'm using a Mac nehalem 2x 2.93 Ghz Quad Core Intel Xeon w/ 32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 "Top of the Line Mac".

• This problem appears to be corrected with the latest VI Software update-dated 17thjuly 09

• Man oh man.. a thouand times better! Thanks for the heads up!

• Hi,

When the Logic 8 laggy interface first appeared, it simply took a few moments before a command took hold.  Now I get a spinning beach ball EVERY time I enter a command, and the lag time is longer.  Also, when a piece freezes, I'll often get a playback of some fragment, even through the system is frozen.  At first these ghostly little symphonies were amusing.  Now add them to the annoyance of a system that should be running smoothly, but isn't.  I'll be very interested to see if Logic 9 and Snow Leopard address this problem.

Cheers,   Tom

MacPro 2.66 ghz, 16 gigs RAM, OSX 10.5.7, Ensemble Interface

• Ah ha, corrected?  Can't wait to download the VI update.