Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,366 users have contributed to 42,293 threads and 255,059 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 51 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@KMuzzey said:

Christian,

It gets worse:  I deleted the 2.0 AU for VE2 and reinstalled VE3, rebooted, etc., but when I launch logic the 2.0.0 Vienna Ensemble is still listed there. When I check the Library>Audio>Components>Plugins folders, there are NO Vienna Ensemble audio units at all

So my problem is twofold: the AU for VE3 didn't install, and my 2 macs won't connect through VE3.  Help!

Kerry

I think there´s a basic misunderstanding in the communication here. The AU manager in Logic shows the version of the Vienna Ensemble 3 AU plug-in, which is in fact version 2.0.0

The version number of the Vienna Ensemble Software appears for e.g, in the Vienna Ensemble Service window (it should be "Vienna Ensemble Service v.3.0 build 3670"). You can also select the icon of the Vienna Enseble standalone and press "command+i" to get an information window with this information.

Besides this it is also possible to de-select (and disable) AU plug in´s in Logic´s AU Manager.

/Regards

• Ahhhh, I see -- the AU Manager just shows "Vienna Ensemble   version: 2.0.0."  I understand.

Christian, I'm going to reply via regular email about the IP numbers, etc.  that you mentioned in that previous post.

Kerry

• If any kind soul happens to be passing through the forums and you're able to provide instructions on what I need to set (and where) on my master and slave macs, that would be great.  Christian's information is 2 posts above, but I'm afraid it's all greek to me: I don't know my internal from my external, I just know that I have 2 macs with no apparent conflicts between them, and the master won't recognize the VE3 service on the slave.

Open to suggestions!

Kerry

• How about this...

If you're in NYC, and you understand how to set up VE3 with one mac connected to another, I will pay you to make VE3 work on my setup. Using Logic Pro here, and I can't get it to work.

Help.

Kerry

• I can't get VE3 running -- I have a very simple setup, which is a new 8-core Mac connected to my old dual quad-core G5 via ethernet cable, but I don't understand all this network lingo about how to make VE3 work.  So far I'm batting zero.

I need to hire someone to come over and set it up for me. I'm in Manhattan, UWS.

Help!

Kerry

• Hi Kerry,

I just duplicated your setup here and sent you an email with detailed step by step instructions along with screenshots.

Please give it another try and let us know wether you succeeded!

Best, Marnix

• Hi Kerry,

I just duplicated your setup here and sent you an email with detailed step by step instructions along with screenshots.

Please give it another try and let us know wether you succeeded!

Best, Marnix

• FIXED!!!   It was a question of network settings, which are completely arcane to me, but Christian and Marnix had a straightforward how-to guide that got me up and running in just a few minutes.

Kerry

• FIXED!!!   It was a question of network settings, which are completely arcane to me, but Christian and Marnix had a straightforward how-to guide that got me up and running in just a few minutes.

Kerry

• last edited
    last edited

@KMuzzey said:

FIXED!!!   It was a question of network settings, which are completely arcane to me, but Christian and Marnix had a straightforward how-to guide that got me up and running in just a few minutes.

Kerry

Kerry, I was away from the forum for a few days so I missed your message.  Glad to hear that you have fixed your problem.  I'm located in Manhasset, Long Island and would be glad to come in to NYC to try to help you out if you ever have any other issues.

Cheers,

-Ron

• Thanks for the offer, Ron.    Marnix sent a great bullet-pointed "how-to" that provided exact network settings, and that did the trick!