Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,091 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Better Strings for VI SE??!!

So, I just bought the Vienna Instruments special edition, thought it was a good deal because the website demo video uses all different playing techniques etc. Anyway, after trying out some things I noticed that the patches for all instruments (especially stings) are SO limited. You can't even create a simple crescendo or decrescendo - sorry, the strings just sound really disappointing! So, what I do I need to buy in order to get ALL the patches?? like in the video shown here http://vsl.co.at/en/68/141/1524/1525/1148.vsl ?? Are the separate string compatible with the Special Edition at all?? HELP!

•  Why not use Velocity xFade for cresc and dim? And read the manual and watch the tutorials while you're at it. [;)]

DG

• Yeah, there's a lot of flexibility built into the SE -- but you need to use crossfading and an expression pedal. Tutorial vids are extremely valuable and share all the secrets.  

Kerry

• You would have to buy the DVD collection of (perhaps) the Appassionata I strings or the Orchestral I+II strings to get all that's available.