Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,311 users have contributed to 42,291 threads and 255,047 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 51 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@cm said:

dear claude, maybe a misunderstanding here ... downloading the software (from the user area) and installing it (on your computer) does not use a single start (how could it ...)

I understand this Christian.

The only thing i know is i tried all day to download a license tuesday or wednesday without success and the day after it worked first time...Around 10 or 11 AM here in North America.

I'll try repairing permissions and we'll see.

Thanks again!

Claude

• Has anyone confirmed what is going on in these cases where 5 starts of the VS demo are used up for each plug during the launch of a DAW program?  I start with 30, and ALL are used before Digital Performer finished scanning all th plugs.  Then it tells me that the VS is deactivated because the license is no longer valid.  In order to refill, I have to quit all apps, which brings me right back to square one.

I am on 10.4.11

Intel Xeon.  I have done all the repairing of permissions, etc.  I am at a loss.

Thanks,

Omid

I

• Also, the licenser says that I need to quit other apps in order to run the wizard, but in fact I must restart the computer.  Even after I quit all apps, it still tells me that...."You must quit all other applications"

This is a total pain in the rear.  What a clumsy process.

• it appears this is a 10.4 issue under certain circumstances and already under investigation.

sorry for the inconvenience, christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • I am a VSL User running Sonar 8 and I have lost more than 75 demo starts from my VSL Demo starts.  Each time that I would open Sonar I would loose 5 or so.  In none these instances was I using Vienna Ensemble or any VSL product.  I later learned that while rescanning for VSTs within Sonar that I would lose 15 or so each time I scanned for any other VST.  I ultimately had to uninstall Vienna Ensemble and delete all .dll's to keep from using up all of my demo licenses.

Is there any recourseto get this loss back, the demo licenses are a great value to me.

THanks

Carl

• last edited
    last edited

@Carl_Hayes_6660 said:

I am a VSL User running Sonar 8 and I have lost more than 75 demo starts from my VSL Demo starts.  Each time that I would open Sonar I would loose 5 or so.  In none these instances was I using Vienna Ensemble or any VSL product.  I later learned that while rescanning for VSTs within Sonar that I would lose 15 or so each time I scanned for any other VST.  I ultimately had to uninstall Vienna Ensemble and delete all .dll's to keep from using up all of my demo licenses.

Is there any recourseto get this loss back, the demo licenses are a great value to me.

THanks

Carl

Same here i lost about 75 startups since installing Vienna Suite demo. Had i known i would not have tried it as the demo licenses are much more important for trying the extended articulations of the Libraries to me.

I'm sure the good people in Vienna will find a solution. Christian said they where working on the problem.

Best,

Claude

• So, I tried launching Plogue Bidule without DP or Logic, and it worked fine.  Now DP will scan the Plugs correctly and I am no longer having an issue.  I'm not sure exactly what fixed it, but there does seem to be consensus that it has something to do with 10.4.

In any case, I am now enjoying the plugs!

•  thx ozoufonoun for sharing your finding!

claude:you can request a demo mode #2 license for every extended library if you have registered standard only ...

the 180 starts demo mode #1 license is just to get a user started in case no internet connectionj is available during the first installation.

you might also want to reload the starts of your VS demo (date license wizard) to avoid more starts to be eaten from the all app demo starts

hth, christian

• Thanks Christian for these precisions.

So if i understand you well, if i purchase a new library, i may ask for a level 2 license to try the corresponding extended library of that new purchase? How many starts does that give you?

Vielen Danke for all your help Christian!

Claude

• correct - demo mode #2 licenses are date licenses for 30 days / 30 starts.

within 30 days after activating it, you can re-load the 30 starts as often as needed (using the date license wizard)

christian

• Never mind, it was greyed out but worked after restarting my mac.  I'm still not sure why it ate up the 30 so fast though.