Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,091 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• VS EQ questions

Hello, trying the Vienna Suite - some questions: Why are there no shelfing filters on the (normal) EQ? (if you did not want to add more bands why not switches for band 1 and 5?) How are the filter types compared to the mastering eq? thanks best

•  Hello Steff,

there are no shelving EQ´s on the channel equalizer because we believe that this option is well integrated in the Master Equalizer. 

Concerning the filter types: Please take a look i the manual or - definitely the best option - have a listen ;-)

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited
    Thanks for your answer.

@Another User said:

Concerning the filter types: Please take a look i the manual or - definitely the best option - have a listen ;-)

Well, in the manual I can only read something about the filter types of the Mastering EQ, but not about those used in the normal EQ or how they relate. A search on type only has hits on pages 11, 12 and 18 - so not on those of the normal EQ ....

Or is the 'common standard digital filter type' related to the standard EQ?

Maybe you are just not into answering question today .... ok, nevermind 😊

thanks anyways

best

• last edited
    last edited

@steff3 said:

[...] Why are there no shelfing filters on the (normal) EQ? [...]
    Thanks for your interest.

You can easily do shelving EQs by choosing very broad Q-factors (like 0.10) and frequencies near the upper (or lower) extremes. There are quite a few examples using this approach in the Factory Presets.

HTH,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library