Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,095 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 37 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• how do perf legato patches work in Sibelius

If I have say a long solo legato cornet line which is broken into several slurred phrases without any written rests and I am using the performance legato patch. I would want to hear the release sample with the last note of each phrase and a clean start to the first note of each phrase. But that is not happening. I just get one long phrase. I am having to re-notate the last note of each phrase so that there is the shortest of rests between each phrase to ensure that the release sample is triggered.

Is there a way of avoiding that by adjusting a setting which affects trigger of the release sample?

• Hi David!

Thanks for that question. [;)] I'm sure lots of Sibelius users will be interested in improving playback on this matter.

In order to get a note to start a new legato phrase, select the note before this note. Then go to the Properties window/Playback. Activate the Live duration and make it shorter (around 30 ticks) than the preset value.
    Now this note ends the phrase (with the desired release sample) and the next note should be a startup note in a new legato phrase.

Best wishes,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • It is very unfortunate that Sibelius can't combine playing commands with SoundID changes. If you don't use the SoundID switch you can tell Sibelius that the last note of a slured phrase should have a length of x% of the normal note length. That way a slured phrase comes to an end.

But with a soundset like this Sibelius just switches the SoundID and forgets about this automatic note length... and then you have to edit the last note manually. It's a pain in the ass, really.

I already pointed that out on their forum, make a noise there, as well! Maybe it helps.

go here:

http://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpcenter/chat/chat.pl?com=thread&start=405531&groupid=3

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on