Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,291 users have contributed to 42,289 threads and 255,038 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 55 new user(s).

• Question about MIR : Will it be possible to install it on a computer, samplers on two, and the main midi software on another? In fact, will it be possible to use it on a standalone system?

• Will it cost less than 1,500 Euros?

• last edited
    last edited

@Robert Munnelly said:

Will it cost less than 1,500 Euros?
    Please understand that we won't publish numbers officially before the actual product is ready for the market, but a gut feeling tells me that you will be pleasently surprised. 😉

And due to our latest developments the computer to host the MIR won't cost you an arm and a leg, either.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@SyQuEsT said:

Question about MIR : Will it be possible to install it on a computer, samplers on two, and the main midi software on another? In fact, will it be possible to use it on a standalone system?

Yes, that's most certainly part of our plans.

• :D You rock, Dietz. A few weeks ago me and some friends had a drinking game [born and bred in Ireland, forgive us] based around every time Dietz said 'on your desktop' in on of the tutorial videos.

• last edited
    last edited

@Robert Munnelly said:

😄 You rock, Dietz. A few weeks ago me and some friends had a drinking game [born and bred in Ireland, forgive us] based around every time Dietz said 'on your desktop' in on of the tutorial videos.
    So you are absolutely sober since weeks now, as I didn't talk in any tutorial video. ;-D

• We Irish don't need a reason to drink. Was talking to some visiting Americans some time ago and their college was a 'dry campus'. That would never happen here. Fellas, back me up.

•  Hey Robert,

where abouts are you? I thought I was the only one here from ireland.

• An fellow Irish person! I'm from Dublin but living in Maynooth. What about yourself? Beer? :D

• I have never even heard of a "dry campus." The entire concept is inconceivable. You must have been talking to escaped lunatics. 

• What University was it? [B][D][:)] Their education is in jeopardy.

• Some kids from SC, if I recall. Voting for Obama, too. Oh yes, I have election fever.

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

But maybe we've found a new way to overcome these enourmous CPU-requirements in a very elegant way

Here's a completely bonkers idea: find a way to push the more intensive calculations out to one (or more) Playstation 3s across the network. It's done wonders for the Folding@Home project to release a PS3 client, because of the PS3's ludicrous parallel computational oomph.

• I'm interested to know if you guys will eventually be sampling more venues for MIR in addition to the Wiener Konzerthaus.

• Dear Forum Members,

we have split this thread for better visibility of the actual topics. Please continue the discussion regarding Vienna MIR [URL=http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/t/20838.aspx]here[/URL]. Thanks!

Kind regards,