Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,958 users have contributed to 42,268 threads and 254,960 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 7 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

•  Funny, I used to use pfp's all the time. Now Velocity Crossfade is my best friend! :)

• OF course I use velocity crossfade....BUT it's just not the same.........On the PFP's the Players "perform"........the vibrato BLOOMS as they reach from the P to the F........velocity crossfading sounds a lot more lifeless (not bad....just not nearly as effective......The point is to use ALL things for their best purpose........The 6 sec PFP's especially are terrific for "Coming up " on a note/ and then switching to the perf-leg etc.......I know we have crescendos but they are much more DRASTIC......and their is such beauty in those Apass1 and Strings1 + 2 pfp's.......I swear by them.........Especially the Basses + Celli doing the classic 1,5,3 in the lows with the PFP's.....you just can't beat it..... HERB, pretty please with a cherry on top ok ;-) SvK

• I find the pfps in all instruments extremely useful, hopefully at some point in the future there will be a epic percussion with pfps on timps, cymbals, etc. Julian

• Still no Solo Strings II with Sordinos at all?

...not even scheduled?

I hope at least "futur" will once have an ear for Sordino-Solostrings.

best 

Steffen 

• HERB, PfpS?? SvK

• Oh yes,  a lot of! 

best

Herb

• Can you tell me how to pre-order it at 475$ US [Before the price increase] because by the time it release, price will go up. Also, along with free extended code [if I already have Full Chamber String I] if I buy 4 more VI standard, I can get another extended Library [any] right? Thanks Sonny

• YYYEAAAHHHHHH!!!! pfp!! woooohooooo Now Herb, any chance of making some PFS's for the Apassionatta II library?? Like the ones in Apass 1 only sordino?? SvK

• HERB, Thanx for feedback....SvK

• I'm another big fan of PFP's.

Whenever auditioning a string, woodwind or brass sintrument .... PFP are my goto patch ... because they you get to hear a good dynamic range .... and they are infact very, very playable. 

I was always puzzled as to why they were not included in the original Chamber Strings I.  Is this just not a typical articulation in Chamber music? 

Very much looking forward to Chamber II .. pricing looks affordable.

Thanks 

• Better still..........The PFP's on the Orchestral Strings 1/2 libraries have 2 velocity layers!!! So one is a p to mf the other is a m to f..........NOW enabling Velocity cross fade on those is awesome and you can really achieve some superb "blooming"....just not doable with the regular sustains and vel-crossfading...........SvK............It is a real shame that the comprehensive PFS's afforded to the original libraries was not included in the APass2 and Chamber1 libraries.........Also the Apass1 library PFS's only have 1 velocity layer, I wish they had 2 like the original libraries........The "Passionate" libraries are the ones where PFS are most required...since they sound soooooo "Passionate"....my 2 cents...SvK

• Hi! Rather new to vsl... What is PFP?? Is it the progressive vibrato performances you're talking about?? Best, //Jamzone

• Piano>Forte>Piano

• last edited
    last edited

Hi dsstudio,

you can pre-order right at the product page.

And yes, if you get 4 more VI Standard Libraries, you get a free Extended Library [:)]

Let sales@vsl.co.at know which Extended Library you choose!

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • I mean,

The promotion is to buy 5 VI will et 1 free extended,

But also, Buy Chamber II will get Free Chamber II extended if I already have FULL chamber I.

So, if I buy 4 VI standard more, I'll still get 1 FREE extended [other than Chamber II extended]?

Or If somebody does not have Chamber I yet, Will they get all 2 extended [1 of them is of course Chambwer II] if they buy 5 VI with both Chamber I and II?

Hope you will understand the question...

Thanks

Sonny

• You will get Chamber II extended and any other extended collection of your choice for free.

You just have to register Chamber I full collection before you register Chamber II standard collection,

than you will recieve automatically a Chamber II full code.

(Your question was quite understandable, but I'm not so sure about my reply...)

best

Herb

• I am glad the hear that but the bigger question is D-E-M-O

Can I hear some sample before I place an order? Price increase date is getting close so I need to hear the sample ASAP

Just a few legato lines or jamming with misc articulations is fine [no complete song needed]

Just want to know the charactor of the sound

Sonny

• I want to buy this but buying without hearing the sound first would be a risk to me... plus, US price increase time is ticking! Please post a demo or some example sound NOW, Please! Sonny

• Hi.

Ok..If I buy next week 5 VI DVDs products chamber string II included which is not yet release can I order my extended library code when I register the 4 VI products or I have to wait until I receive chamber string II ?

Regards.

• Might I suggest that since there are no demos for CHbr II that the currency price increase be delayed a month or two.   Currency has come back in favor of the USD in the last week anyways[<:o)]

Rob