Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,291 users have contributed to 42,289 threads and 255,038 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 51 new user(s).

• Sure .. so long as they are original pieces (Meaning .. not a rendition of Mozart, or Beethoven etc) you can submit anything you like. Doesn't have to be brand spanking new. Although now I think on it I probably made it sound that way. Sorry about that folks. So just to clarify, it just has to be a piece of music written by you, and yes anything you may have posted before is quite welcome.

Only one entry per person please :P

Again sorry about that .. my first time conducting a competition.

• Can it be live orchestra or does it have to be samples?

• hetoryn, im sending you an e-mail!

• "Can it be live orchestra or does it have to be samples?" Hey Matt. This is another one I didn't think about. I think that that pieces should be made from samples. Pieces that have been done by real orchestra have a slight unfair advantage in terms of mix, reverb, and dynamics over pieces made with samples. And as this is the VSL Podcast is makes sense that it's a competition made from samples. You're not limited to any one sample library.

• Good thing we have a month left (for those of us who do not have music in our back-pocket to send). I guess I better get to work. Thanks for hosting this competition.

Colin Thomson 

• last edited
    last edited

@magates said:

Can it be live orchestra or does it have to be samples?
    .. and can I get my unpaid assistant to do it?

• Paul, First I have 2 fully paid assistants. Second, the internship is meant to help people who need a chance to learn the business and can't afford the 32 grand it costs to go to USC. Third, I'd never claim another composers work as my own. Why would you make such a tacky statement and aim at someone you know so little about?

• last edited
    last edited

@magates said:

Paul, First I have 2 fully paid assistants. Second, the internship is meant to help people who need a chance to learn the business and can't afford the 32 grand it costs to go to USC. Third, I'd never claim another composers work as my own. Why would you make such a tacky statement and aim at someone you know so little about?
    Take it easy Matt - only a joke. No need to feel guilty.

• Just finished my composition (ooops...3:03 minutes), now I am just waiting for the Vienna Ensemble to try the new panning function. all the best, christof

• I just finished mine, and sent you an email.

Colin Thomson 

• I have them .. thank you guys. So to everyone else .. only 2 days left. Don't be shy, send in a piece. Competition ends on the 15th November

• So .. only a day left to get in your entries.

• I just recieved my Special Keyboards Library,

sounds great, very useful and inspiring patches!

Thanks Hetoreyn for doing this competition and thanks VSL for beeing so generous!

Happy Xmas to you all!

Christof