Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,200 users have contributed to 42,282 threads and 255,007 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 66 new user(s).

• Please say it ain't so!!

• Just noticed the 25th is a Full Moon! I have a feeling, call it intuition, that there will be a lot of lunacy that day. Maybe I'll stay home and listen to a little bit of Pierrot lunaire accompanied by a nice bottle of red wine and join in on the lunacy afterwards :-)

• Is there some changes in the manner of the perform "learn" and "optimize" work or will be the same : i.e reload all to change one note?

BEst regards

• 5 days to go, and still no more news. VSL owes me nothing, but I would just like some sort of confirmation that the release date hasn't slipped, because I desperately need to update my system, and I want to know whether to wait for this update or not.

Pretty please.........[:)]

DG

• I guess what you are asking makes sense, but I think that it would be a little bit complicated to do. Perhaps a re-learn feature, where you play the tracks, and VE checks which notes are changed, if any, and then loads the appropriate samples.

However, this features would only be quicker if there was a global learn and re-learn button, as in most cases it would probably be quicker to load the whole instruments than to play the track!

DG

• We've discussed the "re-learn" feature before. What I find strange is that you can't just drag the appropriate patch back into a cell - doing this still results in the same samples missing! That would be the quickest way (for me) of reloading only the samples you need to create a new part.

• I actually have 4.5GB Ram on my G5, and i'm still working with Logic7. Now i want to buy some additional Ram. So does it - with Vienna Ensemble but without Logic8 - anyhow make sense to upgrade to 8GB, or would it be "enough" to have 6.5 GB, and wait with the additional 2GB until i buy L8?

• Wonder if there will be any power panning presets for various size instrumentations -- would be nice.

• last edited
    last edited

@herb said:

Vienna Ensemble will run on 32 and 64 Bit systems.

It is planned that windows XP 64 and and Vista 64 will be released on 25th October.

OSX Leopard 64 Bit version will be delayed a little.

The OSX 32-bit version releases on 25th Oct will work on Leopard.

just for clarification, concerning OSX.... does this mean it will ONLY work on Leopard, or will it run on a slightly earlier version? I have to keep my OS at 10.4.6 (the newest is 10.4.9) in order to run some other un-updatable plug-ins, so just wanna make sure this thing will work on my OS.

thanks!

>m 

•  So....? Where i can download that beautiful VE?[:D]

•  On the info page about Ensemble, it says "Already available in version 2.0, Vienna Ensemble is waiting for you in your personal User Area!". This should be in user area, Vienna Instruments, software updates, right? I don't see it there. I only see up to version 1.12. Am I missing something? This is the first time I have done an upgrade with Vienna.

Colin Thomson 

• Do I need to do the updates in between?

Colin Thomson 

• last edited
    last edited

@ColinThomson said:

On the info page about Ensemble, it says "Already available in version 2.0, Vienna Ensemble is waiting for you in your personal User Area!". This should be in user area, Vienna Instruments, software updates, right? I don't see it there. I only see up to version 1.12. Am I missing something? This is the first time I have done an upgrade with Vienna.

Colin Thomson 

I don't think that the update is uploaded yet.

With previous updates I uninstalled the earlier version and then installed the new one. However, on this one I will probably wait for instructions.

DG

• Sorry, a small coordination problem with our webteam.

The new startsite with the Vienna Ensemble announcement is little to early online.

However, we will upload final software builts and the Vienna Ensemble manual as soons as possible.

You will find the Vienna Ensemble software in the "USER AREA / Vienna Instruments / Software" section.

best

Herb

• Here it is! :-)

• Forgive my ignorance, but I'm trying to figure out where I go to save a setup in Ensemble. I have created several instruments but the only place I can see to save this setup is in the Vienna Ensemble Server Interface window, is this correct? I am using Logic 8. Thanks TH

• I only see the dl for windows XP (of Vienna ensemble). Is that a temporary problem?

• there are some issues left regarding permissions with the OS X version so we decided to delay publishing it ... sorry, but i think this is better than getting you more troubles than explicitely neccessary ;-)

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • I downloaded the OSX version yesterday, and I did have some problems starting it up a few times, but it is working now....

• Good for you, Tom!

There are quite some problems that can occur and we´re simply trying to get them out of the way!

Best,

Paul 

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL