Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,368 users have contributed to 42,295 threads and 255,059 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Downloading as I write.....

Many thanks to Herb and the VSL team. You folks always amaze me with your quality and also your generosity and support for us, the users.

Bravo!

Regards - Colin

• I just recording something ... one word : wow !

Glooooooooria [[;)]]

• Herr Herb:

Sie sind der König über alles!

Vielen dank!!!!!!!

• Wow, great!! Many, many thanks!

• Thanks a lot for your wonderful feedback. [:D]
    The honor and credits belong to our choir-project leaders
    Gudrun Marquardt and Andrea Mazagg,
    and to our recording director Michael Hula.

best
    Herb

• Woooooooow !!

Not only that I finally got a job ! (well - which nowadays is almost like winning the lottery - especially here in Germany) - and sooner or later will be able to update to SC [[;)]]
    the fact that VSL is heading right towards a choir library made my next 5 years !

Thanks soooooo much Herb.

Seb

• Is there any chance that the choir will eventually be released separately for we mere mortals who can't afford all 10 Symphonic Cube standard collections?

• Matrix corrupt ? I only see the first keyswitch ... the others are empty. Have I to remove the soprano choir from the library manager and add it again ? The installation was fine ...

• last edited
    last edited

@jamriding said:

Is there any chance that the choir will eventually be released separately for we mere mortals who can't afford all 10 Symphonic Cube standard collections?

Judging by what I've played with so far they'd be mad not to release it. Obviously it is currently a smallish product compared with any of the orchestral instruments, but I can see that with more articulations (wordbuilding), different speeds of legato, vibrato/non vib and all the rest it could be a killer product. I know that this probably makes it worse for you as you haven't got it, but the fact that we have what we have already means that VSL is serious about the choir "collection".

DG

• don't forget a choir performance trill [8-)]

• last edited
    last edited

@SyQuEsT said:

don't forget a choir performance trill [8-)]

Yeah, baby.........

DG

• /vomits from excitement

• last edited
    last edited

@SyQuEsT said:

don't forget a choir performance trill [8-)]

Yeah, baby.........

DG

And don't forget mmmmmmm&mmmmmm's [:D]

• my head is exploding

• does anyone fancy showing off their fancy new mini-lib by posting up a few samples of the articulations, eg. an sfz, the perf_legato, etc..

in fact, even just a sample of the perf-legati would be super sexy.

• A very promising and exciting first sign [[:)]]

Even though I'm a poor Opus second class citizen... [:O]ops: [:D] [[;)]]

Seriously though, I had been wondering what the status of a choir from VSL was - any indication of how long until the full set is ready? Is it something that is fully in the works right now, or will it still be a good long while?

Yet another voice in favour of performance trills!
    And of course the capacity for full word building is a must, or it would be a bizare effort to record so much and not be able to truly let it sing. [[:)]]

I very much like the tone, and the legato seems to work like a charm!

• last edited
    last edited

@jc5 said:

I very much like the tone, and the legato seems to work like a charm!

It woks like a charm ! [H] [[;)]]

• I find the legato a little bumpy and uneven; sort of like there was too much diaphragm punctuation when recording it. It works very well for medium speed transitions, but for slower stuff is not quite right. Using a mixture of sus and leg seems to be a suitable workaround, but I'm looking forward to the full product (if it exists, when it's ready) where there will be different speed legati.

DG

• Very interesting prospects! Hopefully a full VSL choir will be released soon (standalone, please).

The high a' near the end sounds louder recorded than played back and since I'm currently learning my first lessons about choir I wonder if this high a' is a good idea anyway in a soft context? Can anybody elaborate who has some more significant choir experience?

- M

• wow...

downloading now.

I think you can be very sure his will be released as a standalone (meaning no cube required). All speculation of course,.