Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,575 users have contributed to 42,749 threads and 257,191 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Christian, I'm getting worried about your sanity cult. Whether to join or not, as one part of me does. The other parts? Well.................... [[:|]]

Anyway, I'd like to get back to the thread and talk some more about the demos.

I'm interested in more than one option. The 'raw' (no disrespect intended) demos we have (generally) are a good insight into the playability of the VI's. More so than almost 'overpolished' demos in other arenas. Although some users will have gifts in engineering and producing, other won't, and this realistic take on working with the VI's could benefit a wider audience.

Can we expect this new trend to continue with other instruments, as and when they become available?

Regards,

Alex.

It may interest you to know, that spring is sprunging in Moscow, and the slavic princesses are starting to strut the sidewalks, adorned in their new season finery. Does a man's heart good to see such elegant splendour 'on the hoof' as it were!
    Off to jot down a melody or two about this most favourable turn of events.
    [:)]

• last edited
    last edited

@hermitage59 said:

...It may interest you to know, that spring is sprunging in Moscow, and the slavic princesses are starting to strut the sidewalks, adorned in their new season finery. Does a man's heart good to see such elegant splendour 'on the hoof' as it were!...

I'll be on the next plane [[[:P]]] [[[:P]]] [[[:P]]]

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

It may interest you to know, that spring is sprunging in Moscow, and the slavic princesses are starting to strut the sidewalks, adorned in their new season finery. Does a man's heart good to see such elegant splendour 'on the hoof' as it were!

I'm afraid evans is banned. He's married.

But some of us......... AH ... Scunji

My petushka......

• I am afraid that being married is of little consequence to a true slavic princess. Indeed, i suspect that some find the challenge more interesting!

Many women here, beautiful, elegant, and intelligent as they are, hunt men for sport.

Regards,

Alex.

• last edited
    last edited

@hermitage59 said:

...Many women here, beautiful, elegant, and intelligent as they are, hunt men for sport.

Regards,

Alex...

That reminds me of a perfectly awful joke which, needless to say, I'm going to relate...

Hunter goes looking for prey and sees a gorgeous young girl, totally naked...

"Are you game?" he asked.
    "Yes" she replied.
    So he shot her [[:|]]

Sorry about that [*-)]

Back to business...

• last edited
    last edited

@hermitage59 said:

Christian, I'm getting worried about your sanity cult. Whether to join or not, as one part of me does. The other parts? Well.................... [[:|]]

hehe - its completely safe to join [:D] I'm just amazed how people go all nuts and worship evan becuase of his father - even when hes completely obnoxious. Anyway this is starting to seem like some personal vendetta against Evan, which it really is not. I have no beef with Evan at all - I just have to react when I see unfair treatment, and misinformation being spread unopposed.

• last edited
    last edited

@hermitage59 said:

Christian, I'm getting worried about your sanity cult. Whether to join or not, as one part of me does. The other parts? Well.................... [[:|]]

hehe - its completely safe to join [:D] I'm just amazed how people go all nuts and worship evan becuase of his father - even when hes completely obnoxious. Anyway this is starting to seem like some personal vendetta against Evan, which it really is not. I have no beef with Evan at all - I just have to react when I see unfair treatment, and misinformation being spread unopposed.

Evan has never been anything other than civilised with me, so from my perspective, there is nothing to be gained from pursuing this. And frankly, if my late father were musically gifted in some way, i would find it both rewarding and frustrating to have a comparison made all the time. It would prompt me to be more determined to prove my own abilities, without carrying that weight of genetic history, and perhaps be more vocal about it. So I respect Evan's admiration for his father (having heard recordings of Bill in action), but i fail to find anything in that which Evan has posted, that in some way ''trades'' on his father's considerable talent.

Quite the contrary for me, as Evan writes in his own sense of himself and his determination to be recognised for his own abilities. (I wasn't party to the event of some conflict between Evan and VSL, so i'll offer no opinion related to that.)
    And i'm confident, given our short shared history so far, that Evan and I, should we opine from contrary perspectives, could have a passionate and spirited discussion without descending to bone waving in the process. I don't see him as some film music god, anymore than he sees me as some omnipotent throwback to the 18th and 19th century concert fare.
    (We both like port, which is one of life's great levellers.)

This is only my perspective, so please treat my comments as such.

Everyone is different, and importantly, perception of what is acceptable or not is different too, according to the 'listener' or the 'speaker.', or how 'thick' one's skin is. I have a great deal of respect for not only Evan, but Herb, Dietz, Christian with his amazing technicolour VI, [H] , Dave Connor, Paul Robbins, Daryl Griffiths, Bill Kersten, Jay Bacal, and many others, who I consider peers and/or friends, and talented people, and whose knowledge, craftsmanship, pursuit of excellence, and wisdom i admire.

So in the interests of promoting the value of joining the said Sanity Cult (an oxymoron to some) shall we move on, and discuss more fruitful and rewarding lines of opinion and conjecture?

Regards,

Alex.

• Evan has also been civilized with me, on varrious occations, including PM's IIRC.

But thats besides the point.

And yes - I'm all for fruitful discussion.

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

Does a man's heart good to see such elegant splendour 'on the hoof' as it were!

Are you saying the women in Russia are bovine?

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

Does a man's heart good to see such elegant splendour 'on the hoof' as it were!

Are you saying the women in Russia are bovine?

Nick, I would think predatorial would be a more apt description!

Perhaps 'pack hunters' gives a succinct understanding..... [[:|]]

Regards,

Alex.

• Dietz has always been an ****** to me. For what thats worth. I said as much to Herb in private posts and Herb defended him like what I said wasn't valid. Dietz and Herb get bad marks for that, and their continual acting of the same. It isn't up to me to care, and in fact I don't. But it is interesting to those who value my opinion.

On a quick sidenote:
    I continually get attacked by those who presume I have no people who value my opinion. These are the type of people who like to sling the phrase "get a life", which really is a way of saying "what you are saying is not important to me, and I think it wouldn't be important to anyone." It's laughable for them to think they would have any clue, and that I don't demand the highest respect here in Hollywood from all those in my circle. I find these types of person's demeanor's to be simply unwise, regardless of their age and experience in life.

It deserves to be reiterated that Dietz continually lowers the class level of the VSL team, and Herb defends his bad manners which in my opinion is inappropriate to being the CEO of VSL. I never received an apology from Herb nor Dietz in the past for the bull**** they slung at me. They are possibly too idealistic to make such amends. Opinions on them in the past have led to me being banned. What a surprise in character! A coarse personality does not soften without the will. I see no will.

DARE I POST THAT HERE ON THE VSL FORUM. OHHHH. Such controversy ... a customer telling it like it is!

Evan Evans

Countdown to being banned, or finally being apologized to:

• Hey Evan - how you doing? How's the wife and kids and the new house?

Post some news of what you're up to these days.

Later

Paul

• What about PM, email, phone, messenger, etc?

• Paul,

Thanks. I am so glad were still not talking about that other stuff that everyone wants to post about!

My new little girl, Miranda, Mira for short, is now 10.5 months old, and is such a darling. Much easier baby than my first, Elliot, who is five now and in K. Mira is the quintessential baby. She is very easy, and she talks, is alert, curious, etc. No drooling. Great eater. I am truly blessed.

My wife Michele, is working on two screenplays, a jazz album, and a special CD, as well as taking care of the shared responsibilities of raising Mira and Elliot.

I recently finished a film with Dennis Hopper, Robert Carradine, Jason Connery (Sean's son), among others, called HOBOKEN HOLLOW. The schedule took a left turn on a dime in the middle, and I had to hire a 2nd hand to finish 40% of the score with me under my intense direction (you can imagine what its like being directed by me!!!).

I submit for 20+ films a week, and have a few in the pipeline. One shoe-in is a new film coming with Jamie Foxx (who was in "Ray").

I also now have a personal assistant, since January, and he is a real help. I am getting a lot done, with his help. 200%. I used to have so much on the backburner, I was getting burned up front! Now, there is less work being put off then there is being taken care of. THe margin is small, but the flow is definitely positive now.

How have you been?

Evan

• last edited
    last edited

@herb said:

What about PM, email, phone, messenger, etc?
    You talking about the babes, or me Herb?

[;)]

Evan

• Alex,

I don't get uncivilized. As you know and said.

And that doesn't mean Im going to finish last for being a nice guy. My eyes are wide open. I have ideals and standards of my own, that people call on me, relying on. Those who do not know me, here on the board, tend to dislike me and think that people who know me should feel the same. They're in for a surprise, as people would risk their life with me at their side.

I think its just a continual example of how personality is misjudged online.

Thank you for your good nature and words, Alex.

Evan Evans

• last edited
    last edited

@Christian Marcussen said:

Evan has also been civilized with me, on varrious occations, including PM's IIRC.

ROFL. HAHA. That was funny.

So then, ... haha ...

What is the point, Christian? [:)]

Evan Evans

• last edited
    last edited

@Christian Marcussen said:

Evan has also been civilized with me, on varrious occations, including PM's IIRC.

ROFL. HAHA. That was funny.

So then, ... haha ...

What is the point, Christian? [[:)]]

Evan Evans

I actually decided not to post in this thread anymore, but since you ask I’m happy to oblige [[:)]]

In short: You're spreading misinformation and lying, and ironically due to VSL's liberal forum policies you can get away with it. Well not without being challenged. You being nice towards animals, kids, elderly ladies or even forum members is irrelevant in regards to this.

Clear enough?

• last edited
    last edited

@hermitage59 said:

...Many women here, beautiful, elegant, and intelligent as they are, hunt men for sport.

Regards,

Alex...

That reminds me of a perfectly awful joke which, needless to say, I'm going to relate...

Hunter goes looking for prey and sees a gorgeous young girl, totally naked...

"Yes" she replied.

Sorry about that [*-)]

Back to business...

You're right Jam!
    That was an awful joke.... [:)]

I was travelling in the metro some months ago, and a lady who spoke some english wanted to practise. (This is a regular event. People here are determined to improve their language skills, particularly English, and German.)
    She asked many questions, among which was this one:

'Tell me something please. Why do so many Blonde women in the West dye their roots dark?'

I had absolutely no answer.

Regards,

Alex.

[*-)]

• last edited
    last edited

@jamriding said:

"Yes" she replied.

Sorry about that [*-)]

Back to business...