Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

189,668 users have contributed to 42,667 threads and 256,811 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• Herb,

Not to give you any ideas since I only bought the standard lib, but for the Appassionata Library will we get the complete lib or will there be an extended library also?

• WOW! I cant believe I missed this thread. I usually just check the main Vienna thread.
    What a fantastic offer Herb. [:D] You are indeed a great man.
    Since I have the Giga 2.5 format for the Pro Edition, will you be making a Giga version?

• last edited
    last edited

@DamonB said:

WOW! I cant believe I missed this thread. I usually just check the main Vienna thread.
    What a fantastic offer Herb. [:D] You are indeed a great man.
    Since I have the Giga 2.5 format for the Pro Edition, will you be making a Giga version?
    If I recall correctly, no new products will be released in other formats than the VI.

• Alright Herb said it would be ready in 5-7 weeks and that was about 5 weeks ago. Any news?

• We work on it! [:)]

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Dietz,

Know you are programming now - but how about a 10-15 sec sample posted on this. I am sure it will help sell new buyers [:D]

Rob

• thank you for your interest, Rob, but it's more or less the same job to do a good 15-seconds-piece or a more diligent demo. please be patient, we push as hard as we can.

cheers, michael hula

• hmmm....ok, let me try this angle instead:

Does anyone know if the VI instrument libraries will *eventually* include the violas sul ponticello style?

...you can tell how important this is to me by the number of my posts on this topic!

[*-)]

• last edited
    last edited
    you can find all produkt infos here

Violas orchestra (10)

Con sordino basic:
    Staccato, long détaché, sustained, fortepiano, sforzato, tremolo, pizzicato
    Medium dynamics with vibrato, 2 and 4 sec.
    Half and whole tone trills, normal and dynamics

Interval performances: Muted portamento

hope that helps, all the best, michael

• last edited
    last edited

@michi said:

thank you for your interest, Rob, but it's more or less the same job to do a good 15-seconds-piece or a more diligent demo. please be patient, we push as hard as we can.

cheers, michael hula

I think maybe Rob was just refering to a sustain, and a chord [:)]

• last edited
    last edited

@michi said:

thank you for your interest, Rob, but it's more or less the same job to do a good 15-seconds-piece or a more diligent demo. please be patient, we push as hard as we can.

cheers, michael hula

I think maybe Rob was just refering to a sustain, and a chord [:)]

That's exactly what I was after (knowing you are in the middle of programming.) But I can understand if you don't want to put your best foot forward on this - until it is 100%.

Provided they are as good as everyone is expecting (hoping for) - the eventual 'demo post' for these new samples will have 10+ pages of post replies, questions - when can we get violas, cellos, this, that..... [[;)]]

To me this is the missing piece to the outstanding VSL product line.

Thanks for posting as soon as you can. I have a 10 min short that will be here in 10 days - let me know if you need a beta tester [:D]

Rob

• last edited
    last edited

@michi said:

Con sordino basic:
    Staccato, long détaché, sustained, fortepiano, sforzato, tremolo, pizzicato
    Medium dynamics with vibrato, 2 and 4 sec.
    Half and whole tone trills, normal and dynamics

Interval performances: Muted portamento

Ah excellent! Don't know how I missed this. Thanks Michael.

...so, uhhh....are any of these libraries ever likely to be usable by the Pro Edition users, or must we all upgrade to the VI platform first?

This is becoming an expensive undertaking!

• OK, I'm sit now ... i'm ready to listen a 5 seconds demo of the new violins [[;)]]

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

This is becoming an expensive undertaking!

True, but cheaper than hiring an orchestra [:D]

DG

• If I remember correctly, Passionate Strings is suppose to be finished around this time...is there any update on it or demos? [:D]

• last edited
    last edited

@Austin said:

If I remember correctly, Passionate Strings is suppose to be finished around this time...is there any update on it or demos? [:D]

They are working on them - thats the latest [:)]

I think we can expect a patch within the month (speculation)

• last edited
    last edited

@Austin said:

If I remember correctly, Passionate Strings is suppose to be finished around this time...is there any update on it or demos? [:D]

They are working on them - thats the latest [:)]

I think we can expect a patch within the month (speculation)

As the song goes -- 'In the merry merry month of May' [[;)]]

(trying not to be negative just realistic - they have a lot to do to get our last five titles. I am sure that is priority for them.)

Rob

• Yeah, makes sense.

• *cough ...........cough etc.*

• last edited
    last edited
    Here is the latest info from another thread - posted by Herb - in case you missed it:

@Another User said:

Finally some infos for appassionata violins.
    Editing will be finished propably in 8 to 10 days.
    I've already got the first patches and I think they will be really great.
    So I plan to start the Appassionata Violin mapping next week.
    If everything works the violins will be uploaded in April

Those 8-10 days are up just around now. So maybe it will be an interesting weekend? Maybe you could give us the latest new Herb - are things proceeding nicely?