Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,713 users have contributed to 42,409 threads and 255,580 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 7 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• Oh I know [I] Let's have a Christmas sale PLUS a Group Buy [:D] [:D] [[;)]]

• I suppose that as I already have a PC farm, one more won't make any difference [:)]

As to price, however much it is it can't be as expensive as hiring an orchestra, and if it saves my time then it will be worth it.

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@Christian Marcussen said:

What is scary is how expenssive this will be... but whats equally or more scary is how expenssive it will be in terms of new computers, cables, soundcards and mixers to get everything connected.

Ditto.

No Opus 3 on the horizon?

No?

• last edited
    last edited

What is scary is how expenssive this will be... but whats equally or more scary is how expenssive it will be in terms of new computers, cables, soundcards and mixers to get everything connected.

Ditto.

No Opus 3 on the horizon?

No?

If there are significant additions (as no doubt there will be) and perhaps new performance tool functions, it would be quite nice if an Opus3 package were available for the poor (and frequently miserable [:P] ) amongst the user base. [:)]
    It would also be nice if this theoretical third package more closely followed the model of opulence (ie. big value) of the 1st Opus. [[;)]]
    (not that I'm complaining about Opus2, I am very happy to have opted for the bundle and use the additional sounds regularly - but when comparing price per sample between the two there is a fairly obvious disparity..).

• What none of you have even considered is the possibility that it'll be free. Don't forget, Christmas is very close now, and Herb wouldn't look that out of place with a Santa costume on, and a few reindeer and elves scattered around him. For all we know, he might even be the real Father Christmas.

[Whispered] If we're all good boys and girls, we could be receiving a very big and special gift on Christmas day. [:D]

• Does anyone think that MIR might come with it's own hardware? That way buying the Symphonic Cube will also give you the needs for running MIR. The only downfall to this approach is that a computer is usually cheaper than a hardware box. What do you think?

• last edited
    last edited

@Austin Haynes said:

Does anyone think that MIR might come with it's own hardware? That way buying the Symphonic Cube will also give you the needs for running MIR. The only downfall to this approach is that a computer is usually cheaper than a hardware box. What do you think?

Not a lot of evidence that VSL have branched into hardware thus far - so, unlikely.

• last edited
    last edited

@Mobius said:

What none of you have even considered is the possibility that it'll be free. Don't forget, Christmas is very close now, and Herb wouldn't look that out of place with a Santa costume on, and a few reindeer and elves scattered around him. For all we know, he might even be the real Father Christmas.

[Whispered] If we're all good boys and girls, we could be receiving a very big and special gift on Christmas day. [:D]

In your dreams... [:D]

• last edited
    last edited

@Mobius said:

What none of you have even considered is the possibility that it'll be free. Don't forget, Christmas is very close now, and Herb wouldn't look that out of place with a Santa costume on, and a few reindeer and elves scattered around him. For all we know, he might even be the real Father Christmas.

[Whispered] If we're all good boys and girls, we could be receiving a very big and special gift on Christmas day. [[:D]]

Man - they have very strong drugs (probably illegal) in the UK. [[:D]]

Rob

• This "Hype" is getting me to excited about this. I can't stop thinking about what the "clues" will be and therefore keep coming back more than once a day....SEVERAL times a day [:P] . Darn the countdown! I need to pull the plug on the internet lol. Must stay sane.... [:D]

• Can I join the Club - VSL Anonymous?

Hi group -its been 4 minutes since i've checked the VSL website. I'm a VSL junkie

• last edited
    last edited

Can I join the Club - VSL Anonymous?

Hi group -its been 4 minutes since i've checked the VSL website. I'm a VSL junkie

Geeze Christian - get a life!!!!!! I have gone 5 minutes without checking the website. [H]

• I really hope '25,600' isnt the full price [*-)]

• last edited
    last edited

@dummy said:

I really hope '25,600' isnt the full price [*-)]

Number of samples for Saxophone vol 2?

• 4 days and no big new clues. [:(]

• 25,600 I think is the amount of patches in the Symphonic Cube. I could be wrong though.

Day 4 hasn't really shown anything "new" but there is always day 3! You know how there is always a top 3 for things...perhaps we will find out much more details in the last 3 days.

• last edited
    last edited

@Austin Haynes said:

25,600 I think is the amount of patches in the Symphonic Cube. I could be wrong though.

25,600 patches?

A life wouldn't be enough...

[[:|]]

• Lo!

And so it was that each winter night they gathered,
    And waited patiently for a new sign,
    And when the hour of midnight did arrive so too a sign would come,
    And they gazed in awe,

And much bewilderment.

And each night after, some talked amongst themselves, asking,
    "how are we being guided that we may begin to understandwhat will be the new way to make Heavenly music in the future? - will someone tell us what meaning these signs have?"

While others simply said, "we must be patient, all will be revealed in due course, meanwhile let us enjoy each others company with light hearted chat while we wait!"

And so it was.

[[;)]]

• vsling,

Yet another amusing post! We'll all be disappointed when your first serious one comes in!!

[:D]

• So, anything interesting happening this week?