Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,380 users have contributed to 42,295 threads and 255,061 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• Well it's hard to get excited about if it's MIR since they've already said that there won't be a Mac version!

[:(]

(Yeah I'm pissed about that, who wouldn't be)

• I'm excited about the no announcement as well. I know I'll be buying it, regardless if it's a new Cube or MIR or a VSL T-Shirt.

Regarding the newsletter, I'm totally pissed off though.
    Marketing geniuses, you don't spam your valuated customers with "hey, I have something new, but I don't tell you" messages.

You wasted my bandwidth and time, and lost any further chance to offer me anything else thru the newsletter again, as I just unsubscribed. Thanks.

Best,
    -René

• last edited
    last edited

@René said:

I'm excited about the no announcement as well. I know I'll be buying it, regardless if it's a new Cube or MIR or a VSL T-Shirt.

Regarding the newsletter, I'm totally pissed off though.
    Marketing geniuses, you don't spam your valuated customers with "hey, I have something new, but I don't tell you" messages.

You wasted my bandwidth and time, and lost any further chance to offer me anything else thru the newsletter again, as I just unsubscribed. Thanks.

Best,
    -René

Wow...two extremes...

Are you Gemini? [:P]

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

Wow...two extremes...

Are you Geminis?

No, Virgo. And that's way far from what it would be my extreme position [:D]

-René

• last edited
    last edited

@theiss2003 said:

Symphonic Cube - for sure.

Price ? I would guess somewhere around 10.000 (Euro).....

Against this "monster" my sweet little 1st Edition will look like poo poo ... [[:|]]

Bamboodscha !
    [:D]

Seb

HEHE, yeah sadly you and I .. and all others with a tiny, humble, treat it like the doormat, First edition will have to plug away with its anarchic simplicity. Damn you progress .. and damn you entropy!!!

Grrrr!!!!! [:P]

• Yeah, well, I have Opus u know...how that's supposed to compare? [:P]

• Opus 1 - how neat.....

[[[:D]]] [[[:D]]] [[[:D]]]

• I'm betting that it's the Symphonic Edition [;)] due to the picture in the background...plus they've been working on that one for some time...MIR seems further away due to development starting later. Details VSL? How about include that CHOIR with it [:D] ?

• I wonder what the price will be for Pro Edition users....plus that Christmas "discount" [[;)]]

• My Euphoniums coming - I can feel it!

How about a "Buy now pay in 2008" sort of a deal. And maybe finance at say 4% APR.

You know it makes sense. [:D]

• You're all wrong. It's a $250 GPO killer.

• All I could say for sure:

It's not a dream!

[:D]

ck

• error

• last edited
    last edited
    Look, only 12 days now...

12 days

[:P]

• If it's the cube it may be that it breaks down into smaller new Horizon packages as well. For example if you can't afford the whole cube maybe you can purchase a Horizon version of muted brass - which I hope is true.

As I said before the graphic seems to indicate three distinct packages

• last edited
    last edited

@theiss2003 said:

Price ? I would guess somewhere around 10.000 (Euro).....

19.999 EUR, to me, and I guess that the new Performance Set will cost 16.999 EUR.

But you will be offered the opportunity to ask for a loan to be paid back in 120 months.

• Whatever it is has the number "800 000" attached to it - assuming that:
    A) The coming release is the Symphonic Cube
    B) One follows the same proportions of the current Complete Symphonic Edition
    C) The 800 000 relates to included sample count

That could potentially mean that the SC will have ~495 gigs of content.

Wow.

• Whatever it is, in Italy we ran out of money. Cash dispensers and credit cards say GAME OVER when you try to use them.

[6]

• Since we're all put in the position of speculating, why not have fun?

Here goes ...

I think it's going to be the Choir with a very interesting new Performance Tool and the "Vocal Tool" that allows you to enter text and, voila, the proper phonemes and transitional sounds will be automatically stitched together ... resulting in the choir being able to actually speak! No more only "ooohs" and "blaaahs" from sample choirs.

Or, maybe it's the newly redesigned Performanc Tool (called "Dynamic Tool") + Symphonic Cube. The new tool automatically detects crescendo and diminuendo in a sequence (and knows its length) inserting just the right dynamic sample to match. Magically, it also works in real time.

- Paul
    http://www.fauxharmonic.com

• VSL's Marketing dept WILL BE getting a raise on this idea (even though it is kind of cheesy and out of character for VSL). [:'(]

Rob