Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,311 users have contributed to 42,291 threads and 255,047 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 51 new user(s).

• Ok... fair enough. So am I right that for an owner of Pro Ed, Solostrings and Epic horns, that Opus 2 (obviously I gues) will have very little to offer?(seing as I also have downloaded the free holyday stuff).

• Exactly, Christian.

best
    Herb

• Exciting! What will the VIP upgrade price from Opus 1 be? What is meant by 'basic articulations' for solo strings? No portamento/legato articulations?

• There is no upgrade price from Opus 1 to Opus 2 because it's all new material for Opus 1 and First Edition users.
    Basic articulations are single note samples (staccato, sustains, sforzato, tremolo, pizzicato, etc.). The Horizon Series bonus files don't contain any Performance articulations.

• Hm. [;)] I think I sould wait with my comment until I see the detailed articulation list...

• I don't remember a muted solo horn in the free Holiday Special articulations. Did I miss that one? Or are you going to make that one available to Pro edition users in the future?

Best,
    Jay

• Sorry, my mistake--no solo horn in Opus 2...

• It's the stopped horn section of the holiday specials.

best
    Herb

• What's the price for Opus2, and the Opus1 & Opus2 bundle in American dollars?

• Here are the US prices, effective from April 1st:
    Opus 1: $895
    Opus 2: $495
    Opus Bundle (Opus 1 + Opus 2): $1,295

• last edited
    last edited

@Martin said:

Here are the US prices, effective from April 1st:
    Opus 1: $895
    Opus 2: $495
    Opus Bundle (Opus 1 + Opus 2): $1,295

I really appreciate the new pricing - brings me that much closer to being able to afford it! [[;)]] And with more value too. Most of the Opus 2 additions are quite interesting - I would have liked some chamber strings elements in there too, but I guess that is asking too much, eh? [6]

How much of the French Oboe is in this collection? (I assume that the bonus clarinet and english horn are not included?)

If you own the Opus Bundle, will the upgrade policy (100% deduction of the Opus value) to the bigger libraries remain the same?

• You will find detailed articulation lists in our web shop tomorrow.

And yes, if you own Opus 1 + Opus 2, the full bundle price will be credited to your purchase of the Complete Orchestral Package of the Pro Edition.

• congratulations, VSL. This looks really great. I think the idea of basic articulations for solo strings is perfect, as this allows you to layer in a solo string with the section for that added bit of realism. And for that, you don't need the full articulation set, so this is very thoughtful.

Muted trumpet, horns, and trombones! Yah! Their absence was something that bothered me about Opus 1, so this is great. And Epic Horns to boot!

I'm not 100% sure what the string run articulations are. Are those complete runs in one sample, in all the variations mentioned? or individual notes appropriate for such runs?

• Is there and upgrade price from 1st Ed? Or is that the fixed price regardless?

Thanks,

Hello to Woodland Hills from Tarzana

• There is no upgrade price from the First Edition either because Opus 2 contains all new material for Opus 1 and First Edition users.
    (dpcon, normally you'd be only a few miles away, but I'm in Vienna currently. Give the 101 a big hug from me [;)]

Yes, the string runs are complete fast runs in one sample.

• To be precise: nearly no equal stuff for 1st Ed. users,
    only the string runs are part of 1st edition Perf-set.

best
    herb

• which means Cube is out of horizon...

• last edited
    last edited

@Abel said:

which means Cube is out of horizon...

Not at all!!
    Why do you think so? At Musikmesse Frankfurt we'll be celebrating 1.5 million samples, what for do you think we're recording these? [:D]

• last edited
    last edited

@Martin said:

(dpcon, normally you'd be only a few miles away, but I'm in Vienna currently. Give the 101 a big hug from me [;)]

Wasn't getting along with the 101 freeway today. I will hug Burbank Blvd. instead. [[;)]]

Dave Connor

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

At Musikmesse Frankfurt we'll be celebrating 1.5 million samples, what for do you think we're recording these?

Insane... in a good way [[:D]]

- When is this MM?
    - When will these samples be available for us mortals? [:)]
    - When will we hear some more about the Cube and future projects?
    - When will the computer industry actually catch up with you guys? [[:D]]