Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,387 users have contributed to 42,295 threads and 255,061 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@PaulR said:

[quote=GTBannah]
    Jean. Not a lot of point in that was there?
    Did there have to be? I consider many of Evan's posts pointless, so I thought I'd add my own. [:D]

Look. Genetlemen, check out my post at the beginning of this thread. It was simply a reminder that the problem was now over and finished with. OK. It was requested, so I obliged. No problem with that. Same with the post on the password.

It was NOT meant to be the gateway to a fkn debating society for amateur pyschologists!

Many thanks.

• Welcome back Evan.

I for one enjoy 'debate' and consider a valuable component to discussion (gets me into trouble sometimes too) and consideer Evans' contributions as relevant as anybody elses (moreso when threads become repetetive with mutual backslapping and what I consider to be mindless alliances).
    VSL is a fantasic product that we all enjoy (I base this on the fact that we're all here) with the same issues and problems as any evolving animal. Problems with said product can be discussed intelligently and hopefully resolved without threats of being banned...or abuse. Ive also noted on numerous occasions here that different languages/cultures seem to find offence in what the initiator would probably find inoccuous.
    Its all about 'intent'. And I havent heard anyone being intentionally demeaning.
    ...two cents worth?....probably not even that...

...anyway, its good to have you back Evan.

• ZigZag,

You are right on man. If I want to offend someone, it will be obvious. Not an apparent innuendo. I don't DO innuendos. And I never intend to offend anyone. Besides offense doesn't exist without a difference of opinion. So why get all strategical and stubborn, and just accept that others see things differently. Fighting is for those who don't know any better. And the same goes for Jails. They are designed by those who don't know any better. My exile from VSL only denegrated the level of consciousness achievable on the planet. It was a step backward.

Evan Evans

• last edited
    last edited

@GTBannah said:

Hey, PaulR, you're wrong! It is very interesting. Evan reminds me a little bit of myself .... [H]

You're very brave GT. [:D]

Evan reminds you a bit of yourself? I see. It won't be long before you'll be lying in bed staring at the ceiling going durragggh then, if you think that.

Jean. Not a lot of point in that was there?

Oh ye of little faith ....

I'm sure CM has learnt from this episode, and will be a bit more tolerant, open, and aware of the sociocultural differences in the realm of "sense of humour".

• ??? - no comment, although this *episode* has probaly lowered my treshold of tolerance ... and awareness for sociocultural differences is always a two-way road, inside and outside the realm of *sense of humour*
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • "Episode"... yeah I went through withdrawels and everything. My wife had to tie me to the bed so I wouldn't go and try and log into the VSL Forum. I was drooling and everything. It was bad.

[;)]

Evan Evans

• Damn, it's been three months already? Boy time flys without Evan

• last edited
    last edited

@"cm... and awareness for sociocultural differences is always a two-way road, inside and outside the realm of *sense of humour*
    christian[/quote said:

[quote="cm... and awareness for sociocultural differences is always a two-way road, inside and outside the realm of *sense of humour*
    christian

I agree, so when we see/hear something which we don't like/understand, we can take the option of seeking clarification through dialogue, rather than allow ourselves to be upset.
    Isn't that how peaceful negotiation works? [:)]

• But what about upsetting dialogue?

And what about writing dialogue while upset?

You can't prevent being upset.

Evan Evans

• last edited
    last edited

@evanevans said:

But what about upsetting dialogue?

And what about writing dialogue while upset?

You can't prevent being upset.

Evan Evans

I firmly believe that we can choose either to "react" or to "respond" to life .... [[;)]]

• Well this post is both a reaction and a response, so it beckons the famous phrase ...

HUH?

• Reaction: "Knee-jerk" type of thing, no thought, visceral, sometimes "dangerous", capable of causing ill will ....

Response: Thought out, usually more "rational", more conducive to peaceful negotiation/dialogue .... [[;)]] [*-)]:

• i can't believe ee was actually banned [[:|]] !

Someone as useful, entertaining, stimulating..ok, annoying as that should not be banned for more than -er...15 minutes/ A day?

then again, I've been away from the forum (thanks, it was nice) so i don't have to read ee every day...maybe that raises my tolerance level.

I must say the VSL moderators appear quite civil gentlemen to me.

Glad we're all friends again.

(i can't believe ee was actually banned!)

Nigel

• Hey Nigel,

Thanks for the support. Appreciate it.

There are no words other than what I've already said. The whole thing was a step backward as far as progress goes. MY country thrives on freedom of speech. It's the basis of innovation and progress.

Evan Evans