Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,405 users have contributed to 42,297 threads and 255,068 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• For The First Time in Many Years...

last edited
    last edited
    For the first time in many years, almost a decade, I am getting pops in my audio, and MIDI notes get missed when playing back a sequence.
    Here's what I've checked so far:

1. Checked all cables and connections

2. Changed buffer settings

3. Switched to an earlier version of software, both Cakewalk and Vienna Ensemble Pro

4. Updated drivers on two audio interfaces

My studio utilizes two computers, both fast i7 machines with 32GB of RAM each. All storage drives are SSD. The first computer, the DAW, runs Cakewalk, plugins, and audio mastering software. The second computer is dedicated to the Vienna Symphonic Cube library. The particular piece I am working on is quite large, it uses full orchestra (strings, winds, brass and percussion) and also the Vienna Choir. The DAW is also running, in this composition, Native Instruments with a choir library. I removed Native Instruments to see if that is the culprit, it isn't.

I'm not sure what else to troubleshoot. I guess I can try another piece and see if it glitches as well. If not, then there may be something about the size of the ensemble which is causing this.

Thanks for any feedback!

Jerry

www.jerrygerber.com

www.youtube.com/@astromusicvideo

• After a few days of troubleshooting I found the culprit. Some of the tenor samples in the Vienna Library choir became corrupted and when I hit those notes I was hearing clicks, pops and other artifacts.

I reinstalled the Choir library and all is good.