Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,403 users have contributed to 42,297 threads and 255,067 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• Connecting Dorico with MIR 3d

I have acquired MIR 3D and want to get it to work with Dorico via Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 Server. I have been trying for a week to get these programs to cooperate. Still no sound. Can someone help a newbie get these programs alive. Preferably at the stage which button and which order I should press. I've tried a lot of demos, but they skip some steps.

Best regard

Lars-Göran

• I just test hat exact same setup and it works great. Step by step I do it like so:

1. open VE pro server with my Instruments and MIR loaded.
    2. open dorico
    3. open a project in dorico
    4. in play mode I select Vienna ensemble (be careful. They’re a two taps. In the right one you load the vst, which is. To yet assigned to a stave… this you do in the next step).
    5. go to the instrument you want in the other tap. Here you choose VE pro.
    6. in dorico select the MIDI channel that corresponds to the one in VE

i hope that helpds

• @Major said:

I just test hat exact same setup and it works great. Step by step I do it like so:

1. open VE pro server with my Instruments and MIR loaded.

1. open dorico

1. open a project in dorico

1. in play mode I select Vienna ensemble (be careful. They’re a two taps. In the right one you load the vst, which is. To yet assigned to a stave… this you do in the next step).

1. go to the instrument you want in the other tap. Here you choose VE pro.

1. in dorico select the MIDI channel that corresponds to the one in VE

i hope that helpds

Thanks very much. It helped. .After a week at last there was sound. Thanks again!