Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,772 users have contributed to 42,258 threads and 254,915 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Synchron Flute 1 is just as loud as Synchron Trumpets a4 at same exact settings in Synchron Player

last edited
    last edited

Well, I thought I had completed my template but, yet again, I am baffled

Both tracks are in Logic Pro with the volume fader at 0.0

I have one track of Synchron WW - Flute 1 and another Synchron Brass - Trumpets a4

I set it so each is using only the Close Mic set at 0.0dB in the Synchron Mixer - no sends, no reverb

I also set every MIDI CC parameter exactly the same (Volume, Expression, Velocity, etc.)

Both set to Legato (Regular)

Yet, the Flute 1 matches or exceeds the volume of the Trumpets a4

Can anyone reproduce this or experiencing the same issue?

Like I've previously stated I love the sound of the VSL Synchron instruments but for some reason, I am having a heck of a time working with them and welcome advice

• So @Ben set me straight on this - thanks Ben

I have since changed from "default" mics to "Surround Classic"

The balance has improved - although, it seems I am going to have to compress the heck out of the shakers if I want to be able to even have a chance of hearing them in a mix

• @cinematicpop said:
    it seems I am going to have to compress the heck out of the shakers if I want to be able to even have a chance of hearing them in a mix

... but then, there's always the volume fader for the shakers, isn't it? 😉 EQ is your friend, too - a bit of boosted top-end shine might help those shakers to cut through the mix easily.

HTH!

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library