Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,787 users have contributed to 42,259 threads and 254,920 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 23 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• MIR 3D RoomPack 2 – Studios & Stages

Hi,

In ORF Sendesaal there are no venue presets?

Thank

• @a_mozota_21326 said:

Hi,

In ORF Sendesaal there are no venue presets?

Thank

There are Venue Presets (actually quite a few of them, as your screenshot shows), but there are no "Vienna Standards" Roles for them, that's true. The "Vienna Standards" are based on the settings created for legacy "MIRx", which wasn't available for any of the ORF Broadcast studios.

HTH!

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hello Dietz,

I recently purchased MIR pro 3D with RoomPack 2.
    I was looking for a concert space and the one that sounds the best in my ears is Grosses Festpielhaus (it also doesn't have Venue Presets) it sounds clearer to me and with just the right reverb.
    I have tried Pack 1, 4 and 7 and I am going to decide on Pack 7 before the offer runs out, if you have no other recommendation.

Thank

Antonio

• last edited
    last edited
    @a_mozota_21326 said:

Hello Dietz,

I recently purchased MIR pro 3D with RoomPack 2.
    I was looking for a concert space and the one that sounds the best in my ears is Grosses Festpielhaus (it also doesn't have Venue Presets) it sounds clearer to me and with just the right reverb.
    I have tried Pack 1, 4 and 7 and I am going to decide on Pack 7 before the offer runs out, if you have no other recommendation.

Thank

Antonio

Festspielhaus Salzburg is a brilliant location! However, it doesn't offer smaller halls or studios - This could be a disadvantage if this will be your only RoomPack.

There are quite a few Venue Presets available for Salzburg, but they don't come with Roles for Vienna Instruments, that's true. If you you're heavily invested in them (or in SYNCHRON-ized products), you might be better off with Vienna Konzerthaus (RoomPack 1) or The Sage Gateshead (RP 4). They offer Roles for more or less every Vienna Instrument ever made. (BTW: Using these Roles for other sources without careful adaption is not advisable.)

Enjoy MIR 3D! 😊

• I have Special Synchron-ized Special Edition Bundle and Synchron Elite Strings and I purchased RoomPacks 2 with the purchase, which has several studies.
    I don't know what to do because without working much on Grosses Festpielhaus, the instruments sounded very clear to me.
    I would like to be able to buy more Packs but for now I can't.
    I am in a sea of doubts.

• @a_mozota_21326 said:

I have Special Synchron-ized Special Edition Bundle and Synchron Elite Strings and I purchased RoomPacks 2 with the purchase, which has several studies.
    I don't know what to do because without working much on Grosses Festpielhaus, the instruments sounded very clear to me.
    I would like to be able to buy more Packs but for now I can't.
    I am in a sea of doubts.

Don't see my pre-fabricated "Roles" as too essential. You can always build your own selection of preferred setups. When Festspielhaus Salzburg is the Venue you crave for - go for it! 😊

• Thank you so much,
    I will continue testing scenarios