Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,774 users have contributed to 42,258 threads and 254,915 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Ennio Morricone - Cinema Paradiso - Love Theme for Nata

last edited
    last edited

It's time for a little Ennio Morricone. (it's always time for a little Morricone 😀). While he is probably best known for his wonderfully quirky Spaghetti Western themes, Morricone is also a master at creating achingly beautiful melodies.

Here is my performance of Ennio Morricone’s passionate “Love Theme for Nata” from the movie “Cinema Paradiso.” Morricone won a British Academy Award for this score.

The panning of the various sections in the original soundtrack recording is a bit unusual (with the violins on the right), but I decided to follow it anyway. What do you think of his unexpected panning choice?

VSL Libraries used:
    Synchron Woodwinds
    Synchron Brass
    Synchron Percussion
    Synchron Piano - Steinway D-274
    Synchron Duality Strings
    Synchron Elite Strings

SYNCHRON-ized Woodwinds
    SYNCHRON-ized Saxophones
    VI Series Woodwinds
    VI Series Solo Strings

All comments and questions are welcome.

Best wishes,

Jay

• Hi Jay,

a really wonderful, very musical and expressive performance. The emotion of the music is well audible. And the different placing of the instruments I didn't recognize at first. I don't know if that placing really does effect the expression of the music as a whole, but I doubt if that is so.
    Well, thanks for this performance!

(And VSL made impressive VSTI's, that's for sure! Strings, woodwinds, brass, piano, we are lucky that we can use such great instruments on our computers at home!)