Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,792 users have contributed to 42,259 threads and 254,920 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 23 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• Patchboard app and Synchron player

Hello all, is there anyone using Patchboard app? I am having difficulties setting it up with the Synchron player. I am importing the presets from Babylon Waves. Some patches work perfectly some others don't. Paul, anyone in VSL that could help me with it?

• @Rubens-Tubenchlak said:

Hello all, is there anyone using Patchboard app? I am having difficulties setting it up with the Synchron player. I am importing the presets from Babylon Waves. Some patches work perfectly some others don't. Paul, anyone in VSL that could help me with it?

Hi

My experience is that Patchboard has difficulties with the maps for VSL, I think due to their size. I don't use Babylonwaves maps for VSL. I use the ones supplied by VSL. In my set-up the KS need to be transposed, but after that's done they work just fine! And it's not that big a job to create the Patchboard entries afterwards because the nummer of KS is rather small.

• @Stig-Christensen said:
    @Rubens-Tubenchlak said:

Hi

My experience is that Patchboard has difficulties with the maps for VSL, I think due to their size. I don't use Babylonwaves maps for VSL. I use the ones supplied by VSL. In my set-up the KS need to be transposed, but after that's done they work just fine! And it's not that big a job to create the Patchboard entries afterwards because the nummer of KS is rather small.

Found my way. I just had to create remotes in DP! Thank you Stig!!!

• Thanks for that info. I have definitely been considering Patchboard for my setup and it's nice to hear its all working with Synchron instruments after a bit of configuration. Stig, I would love to hear more from you about how you like using Patchboard at this point after having spent time with it, and I know you are one that tries MANY different solutions...so would appreciate your impressions.

• @Dewdman42 said:

Thanks for that info. I have definitely been considering Patchboard for my setup and it's nice to hear its all working with Synchron instruments after a bit of configuration. Stig, I would love to hear more from you about how you like using Patchboard at this point after having spent time with it, and I know you are one that tries MANY different solutions...so would appreciate your impressions.

You just need to be aware that there is a problem with Babylon Waves VSL SY presets for Digital Performer users. DP's articulation map is more sophisticated than Cubase and needs remotes and min/max velocities to be set up. Babylon isn't delivering that, unfortunately, but I hope they will correct that eventually...

• Sorry that I have missed your post about this.
    I have been trying to get Patchboard to work with Cubase/Nuendo. And I use VSL most of the time. In the present configuration the benefits from Patchboard is working just fine, like the automatic selection of tracks - I belive Eucon is the protocol used to "link" the selections.
    Patchboard relies very much on key switches which is kind of problematic regarding the maps VSL deliver for Cubase. First of: VSL insist to use C0 as the lowest ks, although I think most professionals use separate controllers for ks, that easily can be set to use C-2 as the lowest ks. So first you have to transpose all the ks, so they will not conflict with the play range of instruments, when you tranpose them 2 octaves down!
    This can be don with a Keyboard Maestro macro and it's set and forget. Then you will have to import the maps into Patchboard and I haven't had any succes with that so far. I get an error message and although I have contacted Millar (or is it Miller?) I have had no response. Then I have tried to create my own maps - just creating entries for the key switched articulations and that works of course fine, but again it takes "forever".

Soooooo....... So many other things to do in my life. Kind of hope for a solution from Steinberg in the next update! 😉