Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,835 users have contributed to 42,324 threads and 255,181 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 56 new user(s).

• Egpu chassis for Powerhouse

I’m running a MacMini M1 : is there a way for me to increase GPU cores via a Thunderbolt eGPU chassis and external graphics card ?

• This is a question that only the brilliant minds at GPU Audio can answer with authority 😊

@Sasha T ...?

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Cheers Dietz,

sadly on doing some further reading it’s looking like you can’t run an eGPU chassis on the M series processors - I’d really like to be wrong on this ….

• @Louis-C said:

Cheers Dietz,

sadly on doing some further reading it’s looking like you can’t run an eGPU chassis on the M series processors - I’d really like to be wrong on this ….

Hi Louis, I'm sorry for the delayed reply. Yes, you're correct. Apple killed Nvidia driver support long ago with the latest Mac OS X updates.

AMD drivers are still supported somehow for Pro systems, but we don't support it for many reasons. It's all the dead-end, and Apple SoCs now took the Mac market once and for all. Sadly, upgrading your system is the only way to have better performance!