Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,432 users have contributed to 42,299 threads and 255,074 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 58 new user(s).

• NEW: Synchron Duality Strings Virtuoso + Free Expansion Regular

Hi everybody,

Finally:

And this was Herb's reaction to the first mapping:

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • PaulP Paul pinned this topic on
  • Thank you for the free expansion articulations.

I notice that the factory merged presets do not include them. Is this by design? Of course I can add them myself and save as a user preset.

Hobbyist ... Sy Woods, Brass, Perc I, Str Pro, Elite Str, Duality Str & Sordino, Prime ... Sy-ized Woods, Perc, Solo Str, Ch Str, App Str, Harps, Choir, Dim Brass, Dim Strings ... VE Pro, MIR Pro 3D, Vienna Suite Pro ... Cubase 12, Studio One 6, Dorico 5
  • This might explain why patches like "staccato hard" and "no vibrato" are not showing up in the Preset that includes all Duality Strings. The slots are there, but the red X appears.

And might someone tell me where to download these free expansion sounds? I do not see them in Vienna Assistant.

• @plowman said:
    And might someone tell me where to download these free expansion sounds? I do not see them in Vienna Assistant.

I found it int he "not installed" section in the assistant. It's named Duality Strings, but the download size is much smaller. It was around 4 GB for me. I installed that and got the updates.

Much appreciated VSL and they sound great! 😊

• Thank you @Baillie.

I expected it to be in "Updates," but that was empty. Per your note, I started to re-download the whole of Duality Strings from "Not installed." (Needless to say, it was already installed. In fact I've got 80 "Not Installed" entries and they're all installed.)

So once the "Not Installed" Duality Strings started to install, only then does "Updates" show up with its own "Synchron Duality Strings," which is only 8.4 MB -- hence the likely free expansion sounds.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck in the download of the whole library, and I'm not going to interrupt it.

Thanks again for your post.

• last edited
    last edited

deleted post

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • @plowman said:
    In fact I've got 80 "Not Installed" entries and they're all installed.)

I test-loaded Andromeda, and now I surmise that a small fix in Andromeda seems to have qualified the whole file as "Not Installed." Fair enough, but it would seem that putting it in the "Updates" folder would make more sense, particularly if just the patch could be added to the file already resident in the hard drive.

If I understand this correctly, entire libraries must be re-downloaded to rectify small fixes before they are officially deemed "installed."

Very well. I do not begrudge the re-entrance of these riches into my sampling storehouse, this follow-up parade of digital friends old and new taking seats on my hard drive.

By the way, the red X slots now hold the correct patches, and it does seem that free content has been interpolated into the latest four-part Duality Preset....unless there's free content of which I'm not aware.

Unspeakable brilliance in these sounds -- fertile soil for inspiration and improvisation.

• In the 1st and 2nd Violin presets for RSCV, note:

A0 Regular > D#1 Tremolo > E2 Measured > C7, C#7 and D7 120, 130 and 140 BPM have their ranges overlapping with the Tempo key switch. An articulation setting that includes this key switch will sound the note.

Violas and Cellos are not affected.

• Hello,

Thank you for the free expansion articulations. Much appreciated.

For the "noVib" long note, only two patches seem to be available : the Lo noVib and the Lo noVib ATfa.

Does that mean there will be no soft/sfz attack or soft/very soft release for the noVib patches ?

Or are they scheduled for later ?

Thanks.

• Hello!

Here are some answers.

@DaddyO, the new patches are included in the updated Factory presets. If you are continuing to work on a project from before the update, you will have to re-load the presets.

@plowman, I can reproduce the wrong switch in the merged Duality Strings Virtuoso presets for Tremolo/Measured/Tempo. This will be fixed in an update soon.

@Eric NE, currently there are no plans to make more "noVib" articulations for Synchron Duality Strings.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Thanks for responding, Andi.

As I noted above, the free expansion articulations does show in the non-merged presets. But it still does not show in the merged (regular and sordino) presets.

On further inspection, I think I see why. The new articulations are not available in sordino.

Again, thanks.

Hobbyist ... Sy Woods, Brass, Perc I, Str Pro, Elite Str, Duality Str & Sordino, Prime ... Sy-ized Woods, Perc, Solo Str, Ch Str, App Str, Harps, Choir, Dim Brass, Dim Strings ... VE Pro, MIR Pro 3D, Vienna Suite Pro ... Cubase 12, Studio One 6, Dorico 5
  • last edited
    last edited

Minor typo in the Tutti Full combined preset that includes all four libraries in one - "Legato" is misspelled "Leagto"

• Hello!

@DaddyO, the free expansion articulations are also included in the regular and sordino merged presets, but only appear in the Regular branch. The latest Synchron Duality Strings Sordino update must be installed though.

@mducharme, thanks for reporting. It will be fixed soon.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hmmm. Maybe I'm missing or misunderstanding something?

When I look at my screenshots below I see the following:

1. Vienna Assistant - Duality Strings shows fully installed. It was after installation I raised this matter.
    2. Duality merged preset, Regular - not showing the new Staccato hard
    3. Duality regular preset - showing the new Staccato hard

• Hi DaddyO,

This expansion is now part of the regular installation, You can find those expansion packs when you scroll down in the list of components with Duality Strings Regular.

Maybe you somehow didn't install it?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi again,

Update: Those 2 updates are now online!

Apologies: Seems like there are still 2 updates in the pipeline that I missed! Those should be added today or tomorrow!

Thanks for your patience!

• Hi again DaddyO!

The Synchron Duality Strings Sordino update wasn't online, but it is now. Sorry for the confusion.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • No problem, and no apology needed ... at all !

Thanks for your followup to both Paul and Andi.

• I own Duality Full, including Colors and Virtuoso. I have downloaded all update and as of today, none are pending in Vienna Assistant.

I am working on presets, and it seems that the free update and virtuoso items are showing up in "regular" but not so much in "con sordino." It is almost impossible to find listings of content to help me track what should be there. My starting point is the 1st Violin factory preset that merges regular, con sordino, colors, and virtuoso.

I guess to start, could you either confirm there is a 1:1 correlation that all articulations (and variations thereon) in regular should also be in con sordino? Or if there are some items not in con sordino, could you confirm which items? If this varies by instrument, can you address that, too?

Thank you,

Steve

Large Vienna Library all on SSD, Protools/Carbon on M1 MacBook Pro, OSX Monterey 12.7, Steinway D, Rhodes Mk8-FX, Osmose, Moog One, Trigon 6-DT, OB-X8, Prophet 10 rev4, OB-6-DT, Kawai VPC-1
  • @strytten to my knowledge they haven't added anything to the con sordino or colors, the only changes there would be the combined presets for people who own those libraries and virtuoso. I find it a bit odd to have non vibrato and the new staccato only in regular and not for con sord (or colors in the case of non vibrato), but I am thankful they were added as it saves me from having to buy Synchron Strings Pro to get those articulations, and potentially fight with trying to get a different library to blend.