Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,924 users have contributed to 42,264 threads and 254,950 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 54 new user(s).

• @mducharme
    If VSL has fixed the problem with the Synchron-ize solo strings this mean that they recognise that there is a problem with the VI version

Please be less agressive !

Free BBC does not have the problem

@mducharme said:
    @Cyril-Blanc said:

The solution given by VSL is to add a sustain pedal to the violin ! VERY GOOD JOKE

I don't know why you keep complaining over and over about the sustain pedal being used to trigger rebowing when it has become the standard rebowing trigger in all string libraries. You'd be hard pressed to find string libraries from other vendors that don't use the sustain pedal for this rebowing. This includes:

• Cinematic Studio Strings

• Pacific Strings

• Tokyo Scoring Strings

It has gotten so common and expected for modern string libraries to use sustain pedal to trigger rebowing on the same note that when a string library comes out that doesn't do that, people complain.

But according to you, when everybody else does it because it's an industry standard, it's great, but when VSL does the same thing, it's a big "HAHA" joke. Do I have that right?

You really should be writing all of the other string library vendors out there also telling them that they are really stupid and terrible by using the sustain pedal for rebowing.

• last edited
    last edited

You're assuming it's a problem when it is by design. Bugs are different from missing features.

Synchron Player is newer and has new capabilities that VI player did not have. It might not even be possible to make this enhancement in the VI player without actually rewriting part of the VI player itself. You are expecting/demanding that they potentially spend months of work updating the version 1 of their product (VI player) when the current version 2 (Synchron-ized) doesn't have this issue.

The VI player versions are pretty much on life support at this point - they are still sold and they still work, but you can't expect new features added to them.

It would be like if I complained to Honda that my 2005 model Honda Accord car didn't have a feature that the new 2014 Accord does (say a backup camera), and demand that they add it to my Accord because obviously it is a "bug" in my Accord.

• last edited
    last edited

Thank you for your responses, mducharm and Cyril Blanc.

I have no expectation or demands that VSL do anything that I want ... I am nowhere near the level of most Vienna users, and would never suggest any changes to their products.

I am simply trying to determine what I should do about my technical question ... please re-read my original question. It is the same as the request I sent to VSL.

Now you have me wondering if my question may have inadvertently offended someone ... I certainly hope not ... over the past many years, I have posted many thank-you's for their marvelous products and superior customer service.

And I have invested a lot of time and money over many years because of my admiration for VSL.

webs

• jdw - I was responding to Cyril there, not you. I was wanting to quote Cyril's post but they seem to have changed the quote mechanism on here so that you have to quote the entire thing. You didn't say anything wrong.

• @mducharme said:

jdw - I was responding to Cyril there, not you. I was wanting to quote Cyril's post but they seem to have changed the quote mechanism on here so that you have to quote the entire thing. You didn't say anything wrong.

Thank you for that reassurance mducharm 😄

But I must have offended someone, or I would have received some response by now ... it usually takes only a day to two.

webs

• last edited
    last edited
    @jdw said:
    @mducharme said:

jdw - I was responding to Cyril there, not you. I was wanting to quote Cyril's post but they seem to have changed the quote mechanism on here so that you have to quote the entire thing. You didn't say anything wrong.

Thank you for that reassurance mducharm 😄

But I must have offended someone, or I would have received some response by now ... it usually takes only a day to two.

webs

Well from my part there is a bit of confusion when you say "notation", which makes it hard to address your question. Most people are working in a DAW where there is no notation and you have rectangles representing notes on a piano roll. So it is unclear whether you are working in a DAW or notation software. In notation software there is the possibility of the notation software choosing a different articulation based on specific rules which could cause a different effect. In a DAW this would not happen - if there was an articulation change via keyswitch you would have to trigger that yourself and should therefore know it is being changed.

If you are running that low on space that you can't install the Synchron-ized version, it is probably a sign that you should look at adding another SSD drive to your system.

• This post is deleted!

• I apologize for tying you up with my issues, mducharm. I'm sure you have more important things to do ... but thank you very much.

Yes ... I should have indicated from the beginning that I am scoring in Finale V26 notation software (though I do use Cubase 10.5, from time to time).

All of my "installed products" are installed on my internal hard drive. I have never been sure about the adequacy of an external drive's response time.

webs

• @jdw said:

I apologize for tying you up with my issues, mducharm. I'm sure you have more important things to do ... but thank you very much.

Yes ... I should have indicated from the beginning that I am scoring in Finale V26 notation software (though I do use Cubase 10.5, from time to time).

All of my "installed products" are installed on my internal hard drive. I have never been sure about the adequacy of an external drive's response time.

webs

An external hard drive should be fine if it is an SSD and connected with a modern USB standard.

Do you have the same problem using the library in Cubase? Try using it directly in Cubase, manually, outside of Finale. Do some experimenting with note lengths at the same tempo you were using in Finale. Finale might be doing something weird with what you have entered.

• Hi All

Communication Problems With VSL Resolved ... All Of My Requests Were Going Into A Spam Folder.

I'm Going To Try Synchronized Special Editions And See How That Goes.

Thanks All For Your Very Appreciated Assistance

Webs