Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,925 users have contributed to 42,264 threads and 254,950 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• Hi Bill! So the Human Playback in Finale does not work in Dimension Strings, and that it should be turned off? Is that what you and Andi suggests? Then why did it work for me to let change the previous SE Library with solostrings to the Dimension Strings with the Synchronized keyswitches on in a previous composed string octet with good sound but now with a lot of troubles with the new string quartet I’m working on. And today when I opened the String Octet again it sounded weird? I’ll try to turn of the HP by putting its mode to ”None”, that’s right? Then what to do with the loaded Synchronized Keyswitches - delete them? Best, Anders

• Hello Anders!

I can only repeat myself, but will try to put it in different words.
    When you are using the SYNCHRON-ized Special Editions, you can work with the "VSL SYzd Special Edition" Human Playback Preferences.
    When you use a different library (such as SYNCHRON-ized Dimension Strings), please either select "None" in the MIDI/Audio/Human Playback menu, or choose the "Default Prefs". You can change articulations by adding key switches with the expression tool. They are included under "Key Switches".

Does it get clearer now?

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hi Andi, 

starting to grasp this now.. ;) However, I've encountered a different problem this morning - I can't open VEPro7 any longer! I've mailed about this to the support. 

Sometimes life is complicated... '

All the best, 

Anders 

• Hi again Andy and Bill! 

Just started to work again after I managed to localise the error preventing me to open the VEPro (and the rest of apps) - it was something wrong with the iLok Manager. 
    However, I see now what you mean about the Keyswitch dump as an expression library and starts to wondering if it not possible to construct a HumanPlayback Prefs library suitable for Dimensions strings? Because it's a lot more work to put articulations, playing technique etc. by only using Key switches. Ill will give it a try, since the benefit of the Synchronised Keyswitches and HPPrefs is that it automatically switches between different articulations. 

Anyway, thanks for your help! 

Best regards, 

Anders 

• Hello Anders!

Good to know that you were able to sort out your license problem.

Our bigger libraries such as SYNCHRON-ized Dimension Strings offer far more articulations than the Finale Human Playback Preferences can offer. Such settings only make sense for libraries with basic articulations (like the SYNCHRON-ized Special Editions). With help of the keyswitch dump file you can trigger all articulations that you want.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hi Andi, 

Just want you to let you know that I'm started to work on a modified HumanPlayback Prefs using the Synchronised  version for Special Edition and it's hardly a rocket science ;) but it will save a lot of time instead of working only with the Keyswitches for every playing technique. Then only the limits of the fantasy can prevent me from extend the playing techniques of Dimension Strings by using samples from the Special Edition to complete what's lacking in the Dimension Strings I (hey, why are there no trills or sulpont.? ). ;) 

All the best, 

Anders 

• Hi Anders!

Fast legato/performance trill patches are included in SYNCHRON-ized Dimension Strings I. These trills have to be performed though.
    Users who have registered the SYNCHRON-ized Dimension Strings Bundle, will receive ponticello articulations as a free bonus.
    https://www.vsl.co.at/en/SYzd_Strings/Synchron_Dimension_Strings

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hi again, Andi!  

yes, I saw that offer which made me dissapointed for not discovering it before, since I bought the Dimension Strings I just month ago for 395 €. Just one of my miscalculations. 

However, I have a question concerning the samples in Dimension Strings. There seems to be a considerable difference in volume between short notes and long notes in general. Is there a possibility to adjust the volumes of the samples? 

Best, 

Anders 

• Hello Anders!

I can't reproduce the volume difference between long and short notes. However, you can edit the volume of the selected slot and child slots on the EDIT page.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hi again, 

Yes I discovered it today, great! 
    Until now I created combined patches (Synchr. SE patches with some slots from Dimension Str.) to be used with HumanPlayback prefs: VSL - SYzd Special Edition, played as Standard, and it seems to work quite well and I hope it will save me hours instead of working entirely with Keyswitches. 

Andi, thanks for all help! 

Best, 

Anders